Your top three worst baits

law

Reaction score
Nash boilies!!!
I often see folk complaining that they can not avoid catching carp, well stick a Monster Squid and Scopex boilie on and say goodbye carp,

Quite possibky the most retarded post on here.

Nash boilies being ****? They are one of the most popular boilies out there. Why do you tbink they have been going so long if they disdnt catch fish? And if they were so rubbish, why do you think so many other manufacturers have nciked the 'scopex' thing?

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Corn - I have caught on it, but very inconsistently.
Bread - Crusts for surface fishing excluded. Rarely catch on it and it comes off far too easily.
Paste - I need more practice, but my general paste fishing always goes t!ts up!

Maybe sub Paste for Cell boilies. Never had a touch and used them far too many times.

neil1970

Reaction score
Sweetcorn

"Grub" flavoured pellets

Shakespeare 'Devil's Own' Spinners - they don't spin.

Last edited:

sumtime

Reaction score
In the seventies I had a good go with freshwater mussels, zilch, not even a tiny bite. :(

john step

Reaction score
Absolutely bewildered by the list of most of these lists. Most bewildered by bread being included which must be the most versatile bait of all for roach,bream, chub carp etc. Also when on holiday its the most easily obtained bait there is.

What I did find was a complete swizzle was Maryku jelly pellets in a little tub.
Never a bite. Changed back and forth with bread punch to compare. Plenty on punch. A real con at about £6 a tiny tub.

cg74

Reaction score
Quite possibky the most retarded post on here.

Nash boilies being ****? They are one of the most popular boilies out there. Why do you tbink they have been going so long if they disdnt catch fish? And if they were so rubbish, why do you think so many other manufacturers have nciked the 'scopex' thing?

Well to quantify my statement, I used Nash boilies in the spring and early summer and never caught a carp on them.
Now it could be said I wasn't on the carp BUT a switch to a decent boilie like Baitcraft T1 or a Dynamite baits Spicy Tuna boilie and on a couple of occasions bites were instant.

As for; "most retarded post on here" - sorry but yours wins hands down, due to your OTT response and your inability to even question as to how I came to have such a negative opinion.

What about those that have stated bread in their worst baits list. I reckon that more roach, rudd, chub, tench, bream and carp have been caught on bread than any or every boilie, yet no inane rant at them?

law

Reaction score
Well to quantify my statement, I used Nash boilies in the spring and early summer and never caught a carp on them.
Now it could be said I wasn't on the carp BUT a switch to a decent boilie like Baitcraft T1 or a Dynamite baits Spicy Tuna boilie and on a couple of occasions bites were instant.

As for; "most retarded post on here" - sorry but yours wins hands down, due to your OTT response and your inability to even question as to how I came to have such a negative opinion.

What about those that have stated bread in their worst baits list. I reckon that more roach, rudd, chub, tench, bream and carp have been caught on bread than any or every boilie, yet no inane rant at them?

You've blanked on a few occasions so say the bait is junk? Did you try every single one of Nash's range? All the freezer range? All the shelf life range? I suspect not.

So as I said, to state that Nash boilies are rubbish is pretty retarded.

A consensus on something renders questioning it pointless. Especially on something such as bread. There is plenty of reasons why people don't like it.

nicepix

Reaction score
Boilies

Pellets

Maggots

Plus;
Anything that is concocted from chemicals/compounds that have not been tested and passed as safe for use in freshwater.

Anything that costs above £1 a day to use, ...........its why bread isn't sold in tackle shops.

Has bread in all its forms and its ingredients been passed as safe in freshwater?

john step

Reaction score
5 million mad 'duck-ladies' can't be wrong can they?;):rolleyes::eek:mg:
Not in anglers quantities but.....
Actually they are wrong when fed in the quantities they seem to. There have been several instances reported where these duck and swan huggers have been requested to stop buying cheap supermarket bread and chucking it in industrial scale as the big white ones (swans) were not eating proper food and dying.

Then guess who were blaming anglers in the local press as "they still use lead illegally don't you know"!!!

just thought I'd throw that in:wh

cg74

Reaction score
You've blanked on a few occasions so say the bait is junk? Did you try every single one of Nash's range? All the freezer range? All the shelf life range? I suspect not.

So as I said, to state that Nash boilies are rubbish is pretty retarded.

A consensus on something renders questioning it pointless. Especially on something such as bread. There is plenty of reasons why people don't like it.

My brother won £200 of Nash baits, an assortment of baits; frozen boilies, shelf life boilies, paste etc and we both used them on various waters, even fairly heavily stocked waters and they never produced a single carp!
And like I've already stated a switch of bait brought about a complete change of fortunes - we caught carp!
If bream are the desired quarry then I whole heartedly recommend you try Nash baits products.

What I consider as retarded would be to continue using baits, any baits, from a company that had proved to be a complete let down. Why would anyone want to do that??

I liked this line: "A consensus on something renders questioning it pointless."
Well I don't think you're going to get that with Nash baits on here, not because they're any good but due to the lack of usage.

Maybe they screwed up on the inclusion rates of chemical stimuli, I don't know and TBH I don't actually care, as there are plenty of other options out there.

laguna

Reaction score
in fact any kind of worm stop will do for live wriggly's on barbless, but to save yourself the great expense and misfortune of losing one.... :eek:

Tip. a dead one has difficulty wriggling off ;)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
in fact any kind of worm stop will do for live wriggly's on barbless,

. . . . . another solution is a small piece of those postman's elastic bands that they seem to leave by the gozillion on my pathway.

Just cut a small piece and use as a worm stop.

Simples

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

Tip. a dead one has difficulty wriggling off

. . . . . . in fact, a dead one has a hell of a job wriggling at all . . . .

superted77

Reaction score
Worst bait slug and luncheon meat,
Despite trying, never managed to catch anything on slug and luncheon meat always seems to fall of the hook.

And despite not posting for Ages, felt compelled to defend Nash boilies,
I've had great success using pink or orange scopex squid boilies 10 & 15 mm
And caught on every Stillwater I've used them the last few yrs, on the
Feeder, they're my go to boilies.

And most recently had a great 1st session last Friday with them at stonebridge lakes, Northallerton, catching chub and carp, tight to Island, An excellent venue by the way, if only I lived in north yorks.

superted77

Reaction score
Bingo, that can't be just a good guess!
I must say, I've no connection to Nash apart from buying some of their baits.
Purely a coincidence :)

Anybody had success with imitation bread?

sam vimes

Reaction score
If there's going to be a tie in between Nash and Stonebridge, I hope it goes a lot further than a simple business transaction. The "Specimen" lake needs all the help it can get, along with a major extension and the power lines moving.

The place has a whole heap of potential to be far more than it is or was. It's on my doorstep, I'd love it if it became somewhere I actually want to go. As it stands, the speci water seems to have been closed for years and there are several places I'd choose to go over the commie pond.