Mr Crabtree returns to TV

sam vimes

Reaction score
It's on Sky Sports now though rather than Shed. For those that miss it, or don't do Sky, it's also available on the website after it has aired on telly.

Mr. Crabtree Goes Fishing – Episode 1

Probably not the greatest fishing TV ever, but it is fishing on TV and it's not Robson Green!;):D If you want split cane, centrepins and peacock quills, I'd suggest you don't watch it.;)

Last edited:
B

binka

Thanks for posting that Sam, I've not got Sky and will watch it via the link.

I quite enjoyed the previous series and have been looking forward to this one coming around... I hope they keep the microphones well away from that damn ratchet this time :D

dnahacker

Reaction score
I wont be watching it, i found the first series the most creepy thing i have watched in a long time...

John Bailey came over like some kind of predatory groomer...

then there was the fact that almost every time one of the kids hooked into a fish he completely took over, grabbing the rod off the them etc...

NO NO NO...

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Despite my gut feeling, I did watch the first series, I won't bother with this second one though. In an effort to be polite all I will say is that Mr Bailey runs no risk of being upstaged by the young 'uns, ''he'll see to that''.

Steve Pope

Reaction score
Managed to watch the programme today while my grandaughter was sleeping and have to say I horoughly enjoyed it!

I missed all the first series so I'm coming to this completely new and as far as I'm concerned JB does an excellent job, mind you I like Robson Green's programme so I may be out on my own with this!

sam vimes

Reaction score
Despite my gut feeling, I did watch the first series, I won't bother with this second one though. In an effort to be polite all I will say is that Mr Bailey runs no risk of being upstaged by the young 'uns, ''he'll see to that''.

I suspect that the criticism of him grabbing the rod in the first series was noted. In this episode, he hands the kid the rod on more than one occasion. I can only recall JB landing one fish himself.

The format is a little different too. Rather than different kids every week, it's following JB and one kid on different trips over a full summer. The bairn is patently not a complete novice.

sagalout

Reaction score
I have just watched it via the supplied link, thanks for that. I really do think Mr Crabtree should get a bigger landing net, I mean what would happen if he hooked one of Lord Paul's old skool chums?

nicepix

Reaction score

We are talking of an author who made his name fronting books written by real experts.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
One of my old school chum lent JB a centre pin , he's still waiting for it back along with a gold Parker pen he lent him

Was it Pinky Cuthbertson ? The bounder !
Good angler though he once caught Moby **** , Jaws , Nemo and that fish from the Tom and Jerry films.

terry m

Reaction score
Like others, I will pass on this series.

As has already been said, there were parts of the first series that left me feeling a little uncomfortable.

Bailey is something of a Marmite figure in angling.