Dacrons or connectors

winter roach

Reaction score
Hi all I've just brought a new pole what are your views Dacron connectors or just the normal pole elastic connectors. Also which make you prefer to use. Cheers in advanced

C

chefster

Dacrons all the way for me,lighter,tangle proof,also if you do lose a fish you dont have a piece of plastic flying back at you,re pole at a hundred miles an hour!!Gazza

winter roach

Reaction score
Cheers mate I used to used connectors on me old pole reason for asking is cos I've had some brand new connectors recently on me old pole split or break

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

Any preference on make of DACRONS

C

chefster

Ive started using the new Drennan Dacrons they are superb!!,previous to that i used the Preston ones,which are good,but the dacron is not as stiff as the Drennan,which i prefer,especially when slapping etc.....Gazza

winter roach

Reaction score
Hi all I've just brought a new pole what are your views Dacron connectors or just the normal pole elastic connectors. Also which make you prefer to use. Cheers in advanced

Terry D

Reaction score
Why use a Dacron connector at all. The crow's foot must be the lightest of all and I've never had any problems with it in over 20yrs of pole fishing.

C

chefster

Why use a Dacron connector at all. The crow's foot must be the lightest of all and I've never had any problems with it in over 20yrs of pole fishing.
Because its a messy, lazy way to connect line to elastic,and i cant believe you,ve never had a tangle with it,it would end up in a right mess,when "slapping"shallow....Gaz

Terry D

Reaction score
There's nothing messy at all about it and I don't get tangles. Maybe it's because I don't do much slapping.

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Hi There,

I've always used Connectors (preston innovation) it's what i started my pole fishing with and i've stuck with them, they're designed for that purpose and they work.
However, saying that, i like the way the Dacron Connectors work and i wouldn't mind having a try myself to see how they work in comparison.

It will always come down to Personal Choice.

greenie62

Reaction score
.....However, saying that, i like the way the Dacron Connectors work and i wouldn't mind having a try myself to see how they work in comparison.
It will always come down to Personal Choice.

Well said Steph,
The problem is that on this forum everyone's Personal Choice is the only one that counts! :eek: The "I use this and I'm always right!" routine.
You are in great danger of being too reasonable - suggesting people try something for themselves - whatever next - people making their own minds up? ;):rolleyes:
Tight Lines!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I don't see much of an advantage of Dacron over the more traditional Stonfo type of connector.

In about 24 years of pole fishing I have never ever had a problem with a Stonfo connector, and certainly don't want to change a dozen or more top kits to follow fashion.

b,t,w, nice to see you back Steph, everything okay?

C

chefster

Well said Steph,
The problem is that on this forum everyone's Personal Choice is the only one that counts! :eek: The "I use this and I'm always right!" routine.
You are in great danger of being too reasonable - suggesting people try something for themselves - whatever next - people making their own minds up? ;):rolleyes:
Tight Lines!
Well seeing as the question was asking for peoples opinions,thats what will be given and reasons why,whats the point in putting"its up to you",the poster is in the same position as when they first asked the question!!If you havent got an opinion or simply dont know why dont you just refrain from making stupid comments:rolleyes::rolleyes:

greenie62

Reaction score
This thread has become duplicated & split with the 1st 11 posts to it being at this location:http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/coarse-fishing/354332-dacrons-connectors.html and then the next 5 in the current thread. Can Admin please rejoin the threads before we get even more confused!
Cheers!

------------------​

The "I use this and I'm always right!" routine.

Gazza,
Apologies if I seem to have touched a nerve, but I seem to recall from the earlier thread that you decried another anglers method of joining with a crow's foot as being 'lazy' and it's unsuitability for 'slapping' shallow.
Thereafter a bit of banter occurred with word-play on the term 'slappers' - you may remember.;):rolleyes:

By that stage we had had 3 definitive answers on the OP's question - Steph was the first to suggest that trying a different solution to his current connectors was worth a go.
I was simply applauding another angler's initiative to 'suck it and see' rather than just follow whoever was shouting loudest.
Tight Lines!

Last edited:

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
b,t,w, nice to see you back Steph, everything okay?

Hello Peter, i pop in from time to time, just in case i miss something good ;)
I'm all good, could do with being a lot more richer and healthier, but, i'm ok :D
How's yourself, still soldiering on and managing to fish a little yourself?