Are you Feeder Fishing.

steph mckenzie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It's been a while.

Just wondering, if any of you are still feeder fishing?

What set up are you using, and what changes have you made to how you used to Feeder Fish?

Looking for any info that might help my own.

Thanks
Steph.

law

Reaction score
What do you mean by 'still feeder fishing'? Is it not the done thing anymore? Or have I missed something?

I can't say I've changed anything. Still use a open ended feeder, or closed end, fishing it running, or bolt style depending where I'm fishing and what I'm targeting, and still using a hook link with a hook size selected by the species I'm after.

Not too sure what else to say....

chrissh

Reaction score
why not
went last week it was too windy to float fish so went to the trusty feeder used a inline maggot feeder had a good bag of bream

sagalout

Reaction score
I ain't at the mo' coz I am on here wasting my life.

I am using either:
a small preston 15g method with a 3" hook length and loaded with either micro pellets or liquidised pellets
OR
a 15 gram bullet drilled to take an anti tangle sleeve that sits tightly on the swivel to form a bolt rig with a 3" hook length and this is made into a feeder "ball" by compressing either micro pellets or liquidised pellets around it
OR
a small cage feeder that I have converted to be inline semi fixed to the swivel to form a bolt rig with a 3" hook length and this is loaded with either micro pellets or liquidised pellets

I use the method feeder or the cage to control the amount of feed I am introducing and to give a repeatable weight and shape for accurate casting, if I am just lobbing it down the margin and want more feed I use the bullet. If I want to fish a single bait I use the bullet.

PS Welcome back