stoz

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I found a tube of size 8 stoz on Saturday whilst fishing - and I'm surprised how easy they are to fit and move up and down the line - so I've bought some size 10 stoz - question - should I be a tackle tart and by the tool to put them on with

sagalout

Reaction score
No. I bought one and thought it was utter sheite. On the bright side I did manage to sell it for good money on ebay. The other good thing with stotz is they don't ping off.

john step

Reaction score
I found a tube of size 8 stoz on Saturday whilst fishing - and I'm surprised how easy they are to fit and move up and down the line - so I've bought some size 10 stoz - question - should I be a tackle tart and by the tool to put them on with

They are the best thing since sliced bread to coin a phrase.
Two no.8 together make a 6 and so on . I would rather build a string of them than use the standard shot. Much more flexible and safe for adjustments on the line.

Do you know that Matrix market an identical product cheaper.

If you cannot get along with the Stotz tool, try the shot pincers marketed by Daiwa. The are easy to use for attaching stotz to the line.
Simply place a Stotz split down on your palm and open the pincers with your other hand. Once released the pincers hold the Stotz very securely until you slide the line into the crack and squeeze.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
No. I bought one and thought it was utter sheite. On the bright side I did manage to sell it for good money on ebay. The other good thing with stotz is they don't ping off.

totally agree I bought one and its was useless now I put mine on with forceps

hang on no... you can have mine Paul for a small admin fee

seth49

Reaction score
They are good arnt they,I use them a lot,they are very good if your fishing on the drop with Stillwater blues or glow tips.
You can see each on register on the float as it settles.
Haven't tried the tool just use forceps, they are too small for my fingers to manage.
Trouble with having big hands.

john step

Reaction score
The whole idea of the Diawa tool is that it holds the Stotz securely without the need for the angler to maintain pressure as you have to with forcepts.
It is spring loaded.
Much easier for clumsy s*ds like me:wh

Terry D

Reaction score
I put mine on with styl pliers. I've removed the lever and squeeze the tips together like tweezers using just finger pressure. That way I can feel how tightly I've squeezed the shot on.

markhib

Reaction score
A PM would be nice.
I'm kidding, just grateful Bobco have stopped doing the 20% bank holiday sales.
They were killing me.
Mark.

Paul Cheetham 2

Reaction score
Re:

the stotz tool not only puts them on correctly but takes them off without any damage to line great bit of kit.the down side is they dont float.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Anyone else using the Grippa Styx? I'd not used them enough to give them any particular recommendation when this thread was current. I've used them rather a lot now. The fact that I've just taken delivery of a few refill tubs should tell a story.;) The only downside I've found, as seems to be the case with all non-toxic shot, the hinge goes after a few repeat uses. I also wish they'd do them in AA size. If they did, I doubt I'd be using any other type of shot.

just grateful Bobco have stopped doing the 20% bank holiday sales. They were killing me.

They still do them, but you have to actually visit the shop. (Un)Fortunately, I live just near enough to make the trip worthwhile.

robtherake

Reaction score
The Stotz pliers are bloody awful, but I have small hands so maybe it's a personal thing. I bought a cheap no-name shot pincer that's far lighter and easier to manage.

sagalout

Reaction score
Anyone else using the Grippa Styx? I'd not used them enough to give them any particular recommendation when this thread was current.
I have just started using them, so far I am very impressed. Don't damage the line and don't ping off, just about all that is needed from a shot.