Which tackle box

fordy81

Reaction score
Hi folks

I need a new tackle box as the clips are going on my current one and it's starting to overfill. Currently just got a basic Daiwa one, but want something bigger with more compartments.

Not worried about having a rig board as I have a seperate box for that.

Any recommendations?

Thanks. :)

greenie62

Reaction score
Hi Fordy,
You're on the start of the slippery slope :eek: - it starts out as just a bit more, then a bigger tackle box, then a bigger seat-box, then a trolley, then a bigger car! :eek::eek:
Next thing is a bigger garage & a shed, then a bigger house, then....;):eek:mg:

Stop now! - while you still can! :D

fordy81

Reaction score
Hi Fordy,
You're on the start of the slippery slope :eek: - it starts out as just a bit more, then a bigger tackle box, then a bigger seat-box, then a trolley, then a bigger car! :eek::eek:
Next thing is a bigger garage & a shed, then a bigger house, then....;):eek:mg:

Stop now! - while you still can! :D

It's too late for me. Already at the stage of just buying stuff because I want it rather than need it. lol

terry m

Reaction score
It's too late for me. Already at the stage of just buying stuff because I want it rather than need it. lol

I reckon many of the inhabitants of this board suffer from that affliction Fordy. I certainly do!

As for a tackle box, I have still to find anything better that the large Fox box for my styles of angling.

Harvey

Reaction score
Chub Smart Box. I'm not a huge fan of Chub, but I love this item. It's well made and it's inexpensive. You can't find better value for money. Harris Sportsmail sell them for next to nothing.

trotter2

Reaction score
Have you thought about reducing how much you take fishing.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Greys Prodigy Klip-Lok Tackle Base for me. At full price they are way too expensive (as a lot of branded tackle boxes are). However, they are regularly discounted by numerous outlets.

Just be aware that there are two size variants out there, standard and compact. It's not always particularly clear, when viewing on-line, which is being offered for sale.

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
2-400-FC-TRAKPVA-zoom.jpg

I use one of these for carping.... takes all I need and at £16 each, cheap as chips

fruitowl

Reaction score
Have you thought of taking up Golf instead.

That's no better because you add clubs you don't really need then golf balls that are better for short holes then golf balls that go further in a straight line then you need a bigger golf bag and that is followed by a very expensive golf trolley that you remotely control and finally a trailer and golf buggy to save you legs from all the walking :eek:mg::eek:mg:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I like the Wychwood boxes and have several, each kitted out for a different species or lake/river. Reasonably priced,good solid clips, adjustable partitions and they come with those little bits boxes which are enormously useful. Worth a look.