More Than a Coincidence?

peterjg

Reaction score
Dependant on the venue I sometimes use two rods at the same time, usually both set up for roach. The baits (sometimes two different) can be many yards apart yet all too often I get bites on both rods at the same time, this happens just too frequently to be coincidence. I then recast, sit there perhaps for ages and then get two bites again at the same time - too weird?

I appreciate roach are shoul fish but I can be float fishing in the edge and legering 40 yards out and still get two bites at the same time? Other anglers must experience this?

Last edited:

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Found a place in Hereford that had more carp than water, couldn't ever use two rods.

Mind, nothing bigger than about 6lbs.

Fun though.

john step

Reaction score
Its Murphys law. They will do it when you raise the cup to drink coffee BUT if you are not drinking coffee they have to pick a time when they CAN bu**er you about don't they???:D

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Only one explanation, your just weird Peter:)-anyone ever had a fish pick up both baits when fishing two rods. I haven't, just wondered if anyone had.

mike47

Reaction score
My preferred lake only allows one rod to be used at a time. This suits me fine as I remember when using a float rod and feeder rod at the same time, I looked up from filling my feeder to watch my float rod take a dive off the bank and sail across to the reeds on the far side. As I only pleasure fish, one rod is more relaxing and I miss far fewer fish. Managed to get my rod back thankfully, but the fish had long gone.

thecrow

Reaction score
Have had it happen with Barbel but never with Roach, this despite fishing a large reservoir for them for a number of years, mind getting one bite in a session was something to brag about :)

The only thing I can think of is it is a passing shoal that fed on what is there and move on.

robtherake

Reaction score
Only one explanation, your just weird Peter:)-anyone ever had a fish pick up both baits when fishing two rods. I haven't, just wondered if anyone had.

Yep, happened a few weeks ago - rods went off 5 seconds apart (one 30yds out, the other at my feet) - lumpy carp on each rod, just wondering which one to put down when the left-hand one woke up and smashed me in an eye-blink. The "small" one that was still attached went 16lb. Some you win...

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Last week, on a very slow day, both I and a chap separated from me by a small promontory caught a bream at the same moment.

I'm not sure that my Quantum Biology-based suggestion of entangled electron pairs linking their brains was treated with quite the seriousness it merited.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Yep, happened a few weeks ago - rods went off 5 seconds apart (one 30yds out, the other at my feet) - lumpy carp on each rod, just wondering which one to put down when the left-hand one woke up and smashed me in an eye-blink...
CBAA Award number two Rob..;)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm convinced certain waters switch off and on like a light switch, getting bites simultaneously happens to me quite often, only last week had a Crucian on one rod whilst playing a 12lb Sturgeon on another rod, different baits over 25 metres apart, successfully landing both was entertaining to say the least. On the same venue yesterday I fished with two other anglers present, all three of us on different parts of the lake, a quiet few hours all round followed by all three of us landing fish within a ten minute period.

smudger172

Reaction score

Did that happen to chris tarrant and john wilson on one of his shows