Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  37
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior moments

Default Re: Senior moments

Plenty of late, either putting something "safe"and completely forgetting were it is.
    Or going into a room for something, and not being able to remember what it is.

The wife of my boss came into work wearing odd shoes. One brown and one blue. When she was finally told, she replied oh i have another pair just like them at home...

Blog Entries

I can never, ever remember where I park in Supermarket car parks and once when I owned an old Ford Fiesta (white), I got into the driver's side (yes, my key opened it) to find a woman I'd never seen before who was quite understanding and helpfully pointed out mine about four cars along.

Oh well.......

Did you admit it Cliff, or sheepishly allow everyone to continue sympathising with you, that would have been my course of action.

Senior moment, otherwise known as a CRAFT moment . . .

can't remember a f......g thing

Went to the cashpoint at night and tried to get some money out. I wasn't getting anywhere until my good lady pointed out that the buttons were on a keyboard below the screen and I was wasting my time pressing away on the screen itself. My wife said I would probably star in the banks 'idiot' customer video at Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
    Two more embarising incidents occurred in my drunken youth, I staggered home from a night club and wandered in to a house my parents had moved from two years previous, another one I got up for a pee and did so in the wardrobe believing I was still in the pub, my girlfriend went mad.
    Very bad boy. Unfortunately not a Senior moment as you were in your youth

My worst(most expensive) senior moment was when I parceled my walking boots up and posted them to the Repairers in Lancashire.
    Couldn't find my car keys. I must have lost them! Always like to have a spare so off to the main agent for a duplicate at about 60 blooming quid.

Two days later a phone call from the repairers asking why I had sent my car keys inside the boots. DOH!!!
    Last edited by john step; 09-10-2015 at 19:34. Reason: CRAFT moment

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Quote Originally Posted by mike47 View Post
    Went to the cashpoint at night and tried to get some money out. I wasn't getting anywhere until my good lady pointed out that the buttons were on a keyboard below the screen and I was wasting my time pressing away on the screen itself. My wife said I would probably star in the banks 'idiot' customer video at Christmas.
    Ha ha ha....I have done exactly the same thing too and I knew I was being a numpty as I'd did it. Could I stop ? Could I hell !

appologies, cant work out how to paste the actual vid.....
    Fwresshh and wwrrriggling

Spent hours looking for the car keys. Got to the point where I was looking in the same places for the third or fourth time, fully exasperated and actually tearing at my hair, then decided to have a cuppa and a think before I auto-combusted.

Got the milk from the fridge and there they were - behind the milk in the door pocket, where they'd been put when I came in gagging for a brew the previous night. Bonkers!

Anyone else starting to put things down and then lose them immediately; I mean like two seconds later and it's not there? Seems to be the latest symptom in the slide towards senility, together with the "standing in the kitchen not aware why I'm here" thing and having to call everything a whatsit till the memory of its name catches up. I'm doomed; doomed, I tell you

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by golum View Post

appologies, cant work out how to paste the actual vid.....
    Having a senior moment, Golum, old chap?
    "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast