Senior moments

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
I had a TERRIBLE 'senior moment' a couple of weeks ago...let us know yours and I'll tell you mine!

wanderer

Reaction score
I gave my wife the dog biscuits I always give my dogs when I return from work, she was not amused.

wanderer

Reaction score
Two more embarising incidents occurred in my drunken youth, I staggered home from a night club and wandered in to a house my parents had moved from two years previous, another one I got up for a pee and did so in the wardrobe believing I was still in the pub, my girlfriend went mad.

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
I did that once in the landing cupboard... the old man made me take the lot to the laundrette... cost me a fortune....!

more recently... gone to work with my sweatshirt on back to front and inside out...

Tried to open my car door with the fob.... stood there for about a minute trying the fob then the door handles before I realised it wasn't my car... not even the same make/colour....

was walking with the wife in the supermarket and chatting away... I carried on talking and found I was standing next to another woman because the wife stopped to look at summat and I carried on walking/talking next to a total stranger....!

B

binka

I was rigging up a few weeks ago and had put a size 8 swivel in my mouth so that my hands were free...

I then forgot it was there and ended up swallowing it :eek:mg:

Rest assured that when it re-emerges it's going back in the rig box :)

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
You really WILL 'swivel', Binka!

################################################

A couple of weeks ago I was feeder-fishing a river when it occurred to me how well my swim lent itself to trotting. Thoughts of my float rod and centre-pin came to mind and of where I'd last used it.......I had no recollection of packing it away, only of how I'd slung the rig into the long grass prior to packing-up my barbel rods. I thought long and hard about it and tried to imagine how I'd have poked the sections into the bag and zipped the reel into its pouch, but no....I had no recollection of this! I convinced myself I'd left it on the bank! I packed-up and drove the 10 miles back to where I'd been a FORTNIGHT before. sure enough, some lucky ****** had found it, I thought....£180.00 worth of gear up the swanney. I alerted the bailiff who promised he'd make enquiries....I e-mailed the Wye & Usk Foundation and asked them to check the names of recent ticket-buyers....I informed close friends of my loss and generally whinged for the next few days.

Stepping into the conservatory on the Saturday morning, I noticed a familiar rod bag and a round zip-up reel case...............:eek:mg:

robtherake

Reaction score
I was rigging up a few weeks ago and had put a size 8 swivel in my mouth so that my hands were free...

I then forgot it was there and ended up swallowing it :eek:mg:

Rest assured that when it re-emerges it's going back in the rig box :)

Which part of Yorkshire did you say you were from? :D

---------- Post added at 09:42 ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 ----------

A small senior moment, years ago. A bad tangle, so I held the couple of hooked maggots in my lips while it was unravelled and just flicked it straight back out as soon as the snarl-up came free...neatly hooking myself in the top lip with a fine-wire 18. Miles from anywhere, totally alone, just ripped it out and carried on trotting. It was sore, but not so painful that I needed to go and look in a mirror to see if I was still handsome :D Besides, I was bagging-up on Swale chub :thumbs:

seth49

Reaction score
Plenty of late, either putting something "safe"and completely forgetting were it is.
Or going into a room for something, and not being able to remember what it is.

smudger172

Reaction score
The wife of my boss came into work wearing odd shoes. One brown and one blue. When she was finally told, she replied oh i have another pair just like them at home...

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
I can never, ever remember where I park in Supermarket car parks and once when I owned an old Ford Fiesta (white), I got into the driver's side (yes, my key opened it) to find a woman I'd never seen before who was quite understanding and helpfully pointed out mine about four cars along.

Oh well.......:)

wanderer

Reaction score
Did you admit it Cliff, or sheepishly allow everyone to continue sympathising with you, that would have been my course of action.

Pete Shears

Reaction score
Senior moment, otherwise known as a CRAFT moment . . .

can't remember a f......g thing

mike47

Reaction score
Went to the cashpoint at night and tried to get some money out. I wasn't getting anywhere until my good lady pointed out that the buttons were on a keyboard below the screen and I was wasting my time pressing away on the screen itself. My wife said I would probably star in the banks 'idiot' customer video at Christmas.

john step

Reaction score
Two more embarising incidents occurred in my drunken youth, I staggered home from a night club and wandered in to a house my parents had moved from two years previous, another one I got up for a pee and did so in the wardrobe believing I was still in the pub, my girlfriend went mad.

Very bad boy. Unfortunately not a Senior moment as you were in your youth:wh

My worst(most expensive) senior moment was when I parceled my walking boots up and posted them to the Repairers in Lancashire.
Couldn't find my car keys. I must have lost them! Always like to have a spare so off to the main agent for a duplicate at about 60 blooming quid.

Two days later a phone call from the repairers asking why I had sent my car keys inside the boots. DOH!!!

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Went to the cashpoint at night and tried to get some money out. I wasn't getting anywhere until my good lady pointed out that the buttons were on a keyboard below the screen and I was wasting my time pressing away on the screen itself. My wife said I would probably star in the banks 'idiot' customer video at Christmas.
Ha ha ha....I have done exactly the same thing too and I knew I was being a numpty as I'd did it. Could I stop ? Could I hell !

robtherake

Reaction score
Spent hours looking for the car keys. Got to the point where I was looking in the same places for the third or fourth time, fully exasperated and actually tearing at my hair, then decided to have a cuppa and a think before I auto-combusted.

Got the milk from the fridge and there they were - behind the milk in the door pocket, where they'd been put when I came in gagging for a brew the previous night. Bonkers!

Anyone else starting to put things down and then lose them immediately; I mean like two seconds later and it's not there? Seems to be the latest symptom in the slide towards senility, together with the "standing in the kitchen not aware why I'm here" thing and having to call everything a whatsit till the memory of its name catches up. I'm doomed; doomed, I tell you :doh:

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

https://youtu.be/Xv1tMioGgXI

appologies, cant work out how to paste the actual vid.....

Having a senior moment, Golum, old chap? :D