Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  37
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior moments

Default Senior moments

I had a TERRIBLE 'senior moment' a couple of weeks ago...let us know yours and I'll tell you mine!

Default Re: Senior moments

I was at the cash point the other day and an old lady asked me to check her balance.
    so I pushed her over.
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

I gave my wife the dog biscuits I always give my dogs when I return from work, she was not amused.

It'll take more than that for me to divulge MY senior moment!

Two more embarising incidents occurred in my drunken youth, I staggered home from a night club and wandered in to a house my parents had moved from two years previous, another one I got up for a pee and did so in the wardrobe believing I was still in the pub, my girlfriend went mad.

I did that once in the landing cupboard... the old man made me take the lot to the laundrette... cost me a fortune....!

more recently... gone to work with my sweatshirt on back to front and inside out...

Tried to open my car door with the fob.... stood there for about a minute trying the fob then the door handles before I realised it wasn't my car... not even the same make/colour....

was walking with the wife in the supermarket and chatting away... I carried on talking and found I was standing next to another woman because the wife stopped to look at summat and I carried on walking/talking next to a total stranger....!
    I'm Pink, Therefore I'm Spam....!

binka Guest

I was rigging up a few weeks ago and had put a size 8 swivel in my mouth so that my hands were free...

I then forgot it was there and ended up swallowing it

Rest assured that when it re-emerges it's going back in the rig box

You really WILL 'swivel', Binka!

################################################

A couple of weeks ago I was feeder-fishing a river when it occurred to me how well my swim lent itself to trotting. Thoughts of my float rod and centre-pin came to mind and of where I'd last used it.......I had no recollection of packing it away, only of how I'd slung the rig into the long grass prior to packing-up my barbel rods. I thought long and hard about it and tried to imagine how I'd have poked the sections into the bag and zipped the reel into its pouch, but no....I had no recollection of this! I convinced myself I'd left it on the bank! I packed-up and drove the 10 miles back to where I'd been a FORTNIGHT before. sure enough, some lucky ****** had found it, I thought....£180.00 worth of gear up the swanney. I alerted the bailiff who promised he'd make enquiries....I e-mailed the Wye & Usk Foundation and asked them to check the names of recent ticket-buyers....I informed close friends of my loss and generally whinged for the next few days.

Stepping into the conservatory on the Saturday morning, I noticed a familiar rod bag and a round zip-up reel case...............

You Winkle....!
    I'm Pink, Therefore I'm Spam....!

Quote Originally Posted by binka View Post
    I was rigging up a few weeks ago and had put a size 8 swivel in my mouth so that my hands were free...

I then forgot it was there and ended up swallowing it

Rest assured that when it re-emerges it's going back in the rig box
    Which part of Yorkshire did you say you were from?

---------- Post added at 09:42 ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 ----------

A small senior moment, years ago. A bad tangle, so I held the couple of hooked maggots in my lips while it was unravelled and just flicked it straight back out as soon as the snarl-up came free...neatly hooking myself in the top lip with a fine-wire 18. Miles from anywhere, totally alone, just ripped it out and carried on trotting. It was sore, but not so painful that I needed to go and look in a mirror to see if I was still handsome Besides, I was bagging-up on Swale chub
    "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast