Your dream rod and reel

mikench

Reaction score
If Roman Abramovich offered to buy you a new rod and reel with money no object, which would you choose and why?

I'll bet many of you already have it!

daniel121

Reaction score
If Roman Abramovich offered to buy you a new rod and reel with money no object, which would you choose and why?

I'll bet many of you already have it!

You'd bet right mate. I truly believe the best float rods have already been made. The Daiwa Tournament 13 foot original, not the more powerful pro version is my favorite.

Feeder rod would be the new Tournaments I'd have a section but can't bring myself to pay for them. I don't think I'd get the benefit of them over what I already have

sam vimes

Reaction score
The next one. I've no idea what I'd ask of a benevolent tackle genie. Probably a brand new Carbotec or Normark, mainly because I refuse to pay silly money for a second hand one that I can't lay hands on first.

Current models? it would probably be a 15' Tricast John Allerton Premier Match. I'd have one already if I were 100% convinced that it was better than I have already. The £250+ that it would cost is too much to shell out just to find out for sure.

Reels, I think I already have them, but I'm sure that one of the stupidly expensive centrepins or top of the range big pit reels would be gratefully received.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Easy one !!

An Edward Barder- Barbus Maximus Mk11 and an Early Allcocks Aerial 41/2inch with line guard and left hand wind.

I think I would need a lottery win for those ?

Bob

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I already own a lovely Barder Merlin as well as several other classic split cane rods and I'd not part with any of them.

I also own and use a 13' Carbotec No3 float rod as well as a 13' Carbotec FAST Quiver rod, and to my mind those cannot be bettered.

For my fly fishing I only use Sage rods as over the years I have found that they compliment and improve my casting style, so again, have no need to change them. I couple my two favorite Sage rods with Abel reels which I think are the best available on the market.

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/members/peter-jacobs-albums-fly-fishing-picture429-sage-abel.html

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm pretty much happy with my fishing rods and reels but if someones going to treat me I think i'll ask for a Richard Carter Bernard Venables and another CL instead of a rod please :).

trotter2

Reaction score
Probably another John Allerton stick float rod, to replace my repaired job.

B

binka

I've always admired the Bruce & Walker Hexagraph 1lb t/c cane Avon.

I might have to try and blag it that they only came in pairs but what's a grand and a half to someone of Roman's means? :D

He probably keeps that in paper money in case he gets caught out in a bog with no loo roll.

I think I would just pair it (sorry... them) with my existing Conquest 'pins.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Three that I'd love to own but not sure I could justify the price for truly 'as new' versions are Carbotec No. 1 with option soft tip, Normark 2000 Microlite and a Normark 3000 Avenger.

mikench

Reaction score
I'll let Roman know. I will ask for a Carrera 4S ( the cash equivalent) and hope he doesn't know that it isn't a rod!!

john step

Reaction score
If it has to be a rod and reel, I would like a solid gold one of each please. I don't care if it is no good for fishing. It will melt down OK.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If it has to be a rod and reel, I would like a solid gold one of each please. I don't care if it is no good for fishing. It will melt down OK.

Lol John,...there's no flies on you ;).

robtherake

Reaction score
A feeder-sized Shimano Stella and a replacement for my Pro Performance Margin Match 10 footer, since they seem to be like rocking horse poo. It's not exactly dream rod material at £35 new, but I bloody loved mine. The repair on the old one's hard to spot and barely changes the action, but it's just not the same.:(

lutra

Reaction score
Normark 2000 avenger 3 piece 14ft. I keep looking but never seem to find one.

Any nice pin to go on it would do.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score

My Normark catalogues from the late 90s only list a 13ft (plus 2ft extension) for the Avenger 2000. There are 14ft versions of the Avenger 1000 and Titan 2000.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Any nice pin to go on it would do.

I thought you got the 14ft avenger 1000 a few years back Brian?

By the way, I was gonn' a bell you last night about tenching tonight but the forecast is heavy rain a bit later....not looking to good for the rest of the week either !...I 'll be keeping my eye on the weather though and give you a shout when it's looking promising ;).