"Go fishing if you want"

mikench

Reaction score
I have been fishing yesterday and Thursday . My darling wife uttered the above words this morning but I know if I did I would be in trouble; so shopping and gardening it is then!

There is a tone in the voice that tells me I will regret it if I go. She has various ways of getting her own back!!!!!

Are fellow anglers similarly tempted?

barbelboi

Reaction score
Never had a problem - also, 40 years of happy marriage is never, ever going shopping with the wife.......................;)

mikench

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I have been happily married for 25 years and 25 out of 36 isn't bad!::wh

ciprinus

Reaction score
i get exactly the same, you just have to read the message in the tone and then decide if its worth the risk :eek:mg:

john step

Reaction score
I suppose they can get "jealous" of your new love. The answer might be to devote time to what she wants to do when you are not fishing.

I often walk around garden centres pretending to enjoy the plants and and throw the odd trip out to a RHS garden.

Then of course there is always divorce:wh

thecrow

Reaction score
Never had a problem even when only a couple of days notice of a 7/10 day trip abroad has come up, lines were drawn almost 40 years ago when I said "you will never stop me fishing you know" and she hasn't bless her, in fact she still encourages me to go.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Mine would like me to go " Fishing "; but I prefere to stay at home and annoy her !!

Bob

thecrow

Reaction score
Ever wondered why they don't mind you going fishing...

I think my wife likes me to go is to get me out of the way from under her feet, she can get on with whatever she wants to do which is usually even more cleaning which believe it or not she enjoys doing, return from trips abroad were usually met with different coloured rooms somewhere in the house that she had decorated while I was gone.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
It was ' suggested ' that a nice morning out at Greys Court, a National Trust property just outside Henley, would be great this fine Saturday morning, so that is what we did !

We had a walk around the various gardens and the extensive grounds, bought a plant for the garden, enjoyed a pot of tea with cake, and home again in time for me to watch the rugby mid afternoon...............

Wife happy and me free to follow the smell of water....Not too difficult, is it ??

sagalout

Reaction score
Reminds me of the ebay add

Suzuki GSXR 1000 every extra only done 100 miles, apparently "buy what ever the **** you want" doesn't mean what I thought I did.