Crucians

mikench

Reaction score
Went fishing today at a lovely little lake in beautiful countryside. It is silty and shallow though(3.5 feet )!

All my plans to try out PV A etc came to nought as I succumbed yet again to the float. I used my Middy rod for the first time with my Daiwa TDM reel and a pellet waggler. Caught 5 Crucians over a pound and several small roach. Brill!

Never caught a Crucians before. They do look like Rudd though but as the lake is supposed to have a good head of Crucians I am sticking to them.

It was hot though and after 5 hours sat in the sun the lure of a cold beer or three was too great!

mikench

Reaction score
Could not agree more and there is always tomorrow!:) forgot to mention that all the fish were caught on luncheon meat which I had frozen and then defrosted. It was coated in sesame seed oil and chilli flakes; was tempted myself at one point!:wh

ciprinus

Reaction score
Is there a minimum or optimum depth required before using PVA?

nope!! just a minimum distance.
if you want a spread bait then catty but if you want it grouped round your hooker then pva it. simples ;) :wh

rayner

Reaction score
Most of the Crucians where I fish are caught close in, a dotted float is the best way to get or should I say register bites.