Bread AGAIN

john step

Reaction score
There has been one or two threads lately on bread.
I have noticed Nash have brought out a silicone band for bread called the Bread Bomb.
I think Kevin Nash should be very carefull. If anglers start using this product in numbers they would realise how effective bread can be and his sales of boilies will go down...only joking:D:D:D

sam vimes

Reaction score
It's been around for a while now. Not all carpers are quite as boilie obsessed as many on here think. However, there are enough out there to mean that boilie sales are unlikely to be unduly affected by bread, or any other bait. Boilies are simply far too convenient for many to overlook.

mikench

Reaction score
I bought some in both sizes( addicted to terminal gizmos) and have tried them without success. I have never caught on bread and I reckon the fish in the waters I visit must be gluton free:)

john step

Reaction score
I bought some in both sizes( addicted to terminal gizmos) and have tried them without success. I have never caught on bread and I reckon the fish in the waters I visit must be gluton free:)

They must be the only ones in the world:eek:mg:

mikench

Reaction score
I suspect I don't persevere long enough and I am always afraid that it has come off the hook so reel in prematurely. I will give it a go next time out!

barbelboi

Reaction score
I suspect I don't persevere long enough and I am always afraid that it has come off the hook so reel in prematurely. I will give it a go next time out!

Try the Drennan Flake Punch. I've found that the bread will stay on for at least two longish trots on the river - not sure if it would make three as I've never had to wait that long.....;)

dann

Reaction score
I bought some of the Nash bread bands a while back, only for 1 water that I fish 2 or 3 times a year and they are OK, not great but OK.

The water I got them for is on a campsite so sees a lot of people, mostly to feed the ducks. The carp love floating crust but in order to avoid the 40 odd ducks on the lake, you have to keep moving the bread around when they spot it. With the band it stays on the hook 3 or 4 times as long and doesn't come off when you drag it across the surface.

The downside is it is a silicone band so if the fish get a good look at it, they wont take it. The water I mention above is really coloured and I think the fish have worked out that if they don't grab the crust, the bloody ducks will so I have caught well using the bands there. Not tried them anywhere else as I haven't felt the need.

rayner

Reaction score
It's my statutory right to be a tight fisted Yorkshire man so if I need a bigger punch for bread I use an old apple corer flattened at one end.
I have no doubt the Drennan effort is OK but my one works fine.

sam vimes

Reaction score
It's my statutory right to be a tight fisted Yorkshire man so if I need a bigger punch for bread I use an old apple corer flattened at one end.
I have no doubt the Drennan effort is OK but my one works fine.

If you don't already own one, how much does an apple corer cost? How many different sizes of flake/punch is it capable of cutting? How easy is it to extract the cut bread and get a hook in it? I admire your thrift and ingenuity and begrudge paying £3.99 for a few bits of plastic that cost pennies to make. However, sometimes it's simply not worth worrying about.

Flake Punch | Drennan Latest

Drennan Flake Punches

barbelboi

Reaction score
If you don't already own one, how much does an apple corer cost? How many different sizes of flake/punch is it capable of cutting? How easy is it to extract the cut bread and get a hook in it? I admire your thrift and ingenuity and begrudge paying £3.99 for a few bits of plastic that cost pennies to make. However, sometimes it's simply not worth worrying about.

Flake Punch | Drennan Latest

Drennan Flake Punches

And being a Yorkshireman rayner, I'm sure you'll find a way of coring apples with the larger sizes.....................;)

mikench

Reaction score
Of course it is! My late father in law was from Leeds and I miss him greatly! He once got off a bus because he was going to be charged 10p because it was 5 minutes before 10.00 am after which it was free. As a result he missed his connection to Wetherby and a day's racing with his pals!:rolleyes:

Anyway your suggestion inspired me to look out the apple corer but what I found instead was a plastic spoon affair with a 5ml one at one end and a 10 ml at the other. It is a perfect shape to make neat teardrop/spoon shaped bits of bread! I have just tried it and it works! If Dennis is watching from that great betting shop in the sky he would be proud!!;) . I have just saved £3.99!! Does that make me an adopted Yorkshireman?

That reminds me of going with him to Headingly to watch the cricket and going for a curry afterwards. I had a Boycott curry; you still got the runs but more slowly;)

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Of course it is! My late father in law was from Leeds and I miss him greatly! He once got off a bus because he was going to be charged 10p because it was 5 minutes before 10.00 am after which it was free. As a result he missed his connection to Wetherby and a day's racing with his pals!:rolleyes:

Anyway your suggestion inspired me to look out the apple corer but what I found instead was a plastic spoon affair with a 5ml one at one end and a 10 ml at the other. It is a perfect shape to make neat teardrop/spoon shaped bits of bread! I have just tried it and it works! If Dennis is watching from that great betting shop in the sky he would be proud!!;) . I have just saved £3.99!! Does that make me an adopted Yorkshireman?

That reminds me of going with him to Headingly to watch the cricket and going for a curry afterwards. I had a Boycott curry; you still got the runs but more slowly;)

straight down he corridor of uncertainty

w_world

Reaction score
Bread.......IMO one of the top three baits ever, can be died, flavoured or natural, i have all my biggest fish on bread, not massive but near 20 pounders. Tench a many, Big Roach love it on this rig aswell as Carp.
Time si have been on the local lake when all the boilie boys have been there all weekend catching bare all, i get my controller and a big Warbies flake on and hey ho were in, much to there dismay lol.
I like to use Blue Warbies only, odd time uncut, a good way i like is BIG flake, i just a few inch square of a slice and pinch it on and use it as a pop up, it will float for longer than you will think.