Thanks Thanks:  47
Likes Likes:  944
Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 609

Thread: Float making.

  1. #471
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    5,192

    Default Re: Float making.

    Hi Pete
    The tailstock only comes with a pointy thingy, sorry don’t know the proper description, but you get the picture, so yes you would have to fit a second chuck.

  2. #472
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    1,301

    Default Re: Float making.

    Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    Hi Pete
    The tailstock only comes with a pointy thingy, sorry don’t know the proper description, but you get the picture, so yes you would have to fit a second chuck.
    s63. Thanks for that, I thought as much but it will not be a problem and the price is right. By the way the "pointy thing" is usually called a centre. Pete
    Casternets

  3. #473
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    5,192

    Default Re: Float making.

    To think I got an A level in engineering! That was nearly fifty years ago to be fair.

  4. #474
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    129
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Float making.

    Click link below for more pics and write up.

    New Glow In The Dark Porcupine Quills

    Float making.-20200207_064806.jpgFloat making.-20200206_201911.jpg
    Last edited by purplepeanut007; 08-02-2020 at 17:08.

  5. #475
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    1,301

    Default Re: Float making.

    Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    To think I got an A level in engineering! That was nearly fifty years ago to be fair.
    s63. Snap. It's about 50 years since I last worked a capstan lathe, on bonus. Pete.
    Casternets

  6. #476
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Float making.

    Some of us still do!

    Float making.-ct_front_small.jpg

    Served my apprenticeship on one just like it and others Dates back to around the 30's and still works great. Can't get metric collets for it though which is a bit of a problem sometimes. Half inch bar max.

  7. #477
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    5,192

    Default Re: Float making.

    I can almost smell the cutting fluid.

  8. #478
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    1,301

    Default Re: Float making.

    Quote Originally Posted by s63 View Post
    I can almost smell the cutting fluid.
    Gods forgive me, I invoked the Work Appreciation Society Fan Club. Pete
    Casternets

  9. #479
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Luton Bedfordshire.
    Posts
    4,339
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Float making.

    Quote Originally Posted by bracket View Post
    s63. Thanks for that, I thought as much but it will not be a problem and the price is right. By the way the "pointy thing" is usually called a centre. Pete
    I was about to post about the pointy thingy,lol,and Pete you need your mouth washing out starting a work appreciation thread...

  10. #480
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    1,301

    Default Re: Float making.

    Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    I was about to post about the pointy thingy,lol,and Pete you need your mouth washing out starting a work appreciation thread...
    I did ask for forgiveness. For the record as far as I am concerned Work is what other people do. Pete.
    Casternets

Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •