Browning carp tickler 7 foot

nova12

Reaction score
What are peoples view on the new browning 7 foot carp tickler? The line ratings are only 2-4 lb which i thought where abit low as i have the 8 foot force wand with line ratings are up to 8lb.
But i like the way it can pack down made up with just pulling the quiver out and hooking the hook on a pocket specially made for it near the real seat.
What size fish will these be able to tame though as carp in many fisheries now go well in to double figures ?
The price ive seen them at is £53 i love browning rods but struggling to see a situation these would suite?
Love to hear your views

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
To be honest, I think the name would put me off. A 7ft tickler sounds more at home in an Ann Summers catalogue than a Browning Zebco one.

I have a now getting on a bit Tri Cast rod for that sort of carp fishing but best of luck with it. I like to try a rod or at least look at it before buying. I suspect like a lot of guys on here, I've bought rods often cos they were bargains and then found them awful to use.

That said, I hope it works out for you.

robtherake

Reaction score
With those ratings it sounds more like an old-style wand rod than a carp catching tool. I had chub to almost 5lbs from a little river on a Shakespeare Wand and it just about coped, but it wouldn't be my first choice for a commercial, even in the winter when the fish aren't pulling back quite as hard. Have you tried searching for a review of the rod?

Browning Tickler Rods

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
To be honest, I think the name would put me off. A 7ft tickler sounds more at home in an Ann Summers catalogue than a Browning Zebco one.

I have a now getting on a bit Tri Cast rod for that sort of carp fishing but best of luck with it. I like to try a rod or at least look at it before buying. I suspect like a lot of guys on here, I've bought rods often cos they were bargains and then found them awful to use.

That said, I hope it works out for you.

Yea yer not wrong there, over a good few years in reality I've probably bought and gone through well over 100 rods at least, possibly considerably a lot more and probably more like 200 rods :eek:mg: and out of all of these I've probably kept about 10 % if that,

I'm probably one if the fussiest anglers out there when it comes to quality rods and reels, having worked in the trade a few times you get to go through a lot of rods :D