Rod Strength

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a 50lb class ugly stick boat rod !!

trotter2

Reaction score
It snapped because he used the clutch, if you back wind it would be indestructible.:D;):thumbs:

Andy Pet

Reaction score
It's impressive. Never thought of fishing for kids before

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Just goes to show how strong a lot of rods really are, most built rods of today have a much higher strength than what is normally stated on the blank :D

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
The way he was waving the bl**dy thing around at the beginning of the vid, I thought he was about to take the childs eye out!!

Mind you, the youngster did have crash helmet on.............

....and the sensor discussion (nearly said argument!) rages on! I really must try some.

bullet

Reaction score
Only in America..!

Mind you, for real fun he probably lets his kid play with an AK 47.

He wants to tighten the chain up on that saw as well...looks a bit dangerous.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Only in America..!

Mind you, for real fun he probably lets his kid play with an AK 47.

He wants to tighten the chain up on that saw as well...looks a bit dangerous.

Funny PMSL :D

---------- Post added at 09:37 ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 ----------

What's wrong with drennans ? My feeder rod says casting weight Upto 4 oz and I have punched a 2oz feeder full off groundbait out with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with Drennan rods at all Matt, I've got the Drennan 15 ft acyolyte ultra and is a pucka rod but there again I'm only casting floats with this rod.

When they give stated strain, they are exactly what it says on the tin :rolleyes:

In other words I've always found that there's not an awful lot of room for casting heavier leads and feeders with the Drennan rods unlike a lot of other rods where you could almost cast double the actual stated line rating / tc :wh

associatedmatt

Reaction score
But then a large 2oz feeder with groundbait in would get you enough distance . I don't fish vast distances anyway .

If didn't use drennan I'm not sure what I would go for , like the diawa reels but never had any dealings with there rods but would Probally go for shimano

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
wful lot of room for casting heavier leads and feeders with the Drennan rods unlike a lot of other rods where you could almost cast double the actual stated line rating / tc :wh

I have no idea what the modern drennan feeder rods are like but I have an older drennan feeder rod, it's a 12ft im8 super feeder and it can cope with much more than the line ratings and casting weights stated on the blank , even the im6 light feeder is up to much more than stated....if you want to push them that is.
At one time (and even now) a lot of anglers who frequented Ireland for the bream fishing swore by the im8 feeder rods for distance casting on the large waters over there, my friend uses his for barbel on some quite large rivers and has no prob's casting heavy feeders or reaching his desired ploppin in spot ;).

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I have no idea what the modern drennan feeder rods are like but I have an older drennan feeder rod, it's a 12ft im8 super feeder and it can cope with much more than the line ratings and casting weights stated on the blank , even the im6 light feeder is up to much more than stated....if you want to push them that is.
At one time (and even now) a lot of anglers who frequented Ireland for the bream fishing swore by the im8 feeder rods for distance casting on the large waters over there, my friend uses his for barbel on some quite large rivers and has no prob's casting heavy feeders or reaching his desired ploppin in spot ;).

I whole heartedly agree Ian as I've always found the older Drennan rods very robust :thumbs:

At the moment I'm just going by some very reliable contacts that have informed me over the last couple of years on some of the new feeder rods from Drennan,

Put to the test I've heard of a few breakages and weren't really pushed to the extreme like some of the other different manufactured rods that were also tried,

Just made me a little wary on the new feeder rods , that's all ;)

However as mentioned I really can't ever knock me 15 ft acyolyte as this is proper bit of kit :thumbs:

---------- Post added at 10:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

But then a large 2oz feeder with groundbait in would get you enough distance . I don't fish vast distances anyway .

If didn't use drennan I'm not sure what I would go for , like the diawa reels but never had any dealings with there rods but would Probally go for shimano

Other quality feeder rod manufacturers:

Silstar, Maver, Daiwa, Preston, Tri-Cast, Free spirit to name a few :D

Last edited: