Barbel rod

mvwales

Reaction score
Going to buy a barbel rod or two for the wye which is not far from mine, im looking for a 1.75lb rod and a 2.25lb rod for flood water I like the look off the fox duo light twin tip rod that cost around £150-160 which is also my max budget. Would you buy a twin tip rod or split the budget in half and buy two cheaper rods like greys or korum or fox royals ect?

sagalout

Reaction score
Having just got my ticket for the Wye I had to up my heavy rod (a 1-1.25 twin tip Berkley M1) and I bought a korum 1.75 they also do a 2 and a twin tip 1.75-2.2.

Prices very good at 50'ish to 70'ish and I think they are very good rods. Skippy will be along any minute now to make you buy the Torrix.

See my asking barbel rod question here http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/tackle-rigs-bait/360405-i-neeeeeed-new-rod.html

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
If you can stomach the extra money, I think you'd be hard pushed to beat the Daiwa Infinity Barbel, available in both 1.75lb and 2.25lb tc's.

Used both on the Wye. I was so impressed, I bought a pair of each.

Hope it helps :)

lakhyaman

Reaction score
If you can stomach the extra money, I think you'd be hard pushed to beat the Daiwa Infinity Barbel, available in both 1.75lb and 2.25lb tc's.

Used both on the Wye. I was so impressed, I bought a pair of each.

Hope it helps :)

You could also go for the Daiwa Theory barbel, specs as above, and a quivertip carrier. Mind you, although the one I have came with an extra quivertip, I can't get the one on the supplied quivertip carrier off. Maybe it isn't supposed to come off. It is still a great rod. It is within your budget.

https://www.daiwasports.co.uk/product/theory-barbel

All the best

Lakhyaman

Last edited:

robtherake

Reaction score
You could also go for the Daiwa Theory barbel, specs as above, and a quivertip carrier. Mind you, although the one I have came with an extra quivertip, I can't get the one on the supplied quivertip carrier off. Maybe it isn't supposed to come off. It is still a great rod. It is within your budget.

https://www.daiwasports.co.uk/product/theory-barbel

All the best

Lakhyaman

The blurb on the Daiwa site states that it comes with 2 quivertips, so it should come out. Try rubber gloves and a gentle twisting action, or a piece of chamois leather, which gives excellent grip.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Try rubber gloves and a gentle twisting action, or a piece of chamois leather, which gives excellent grip.

:eek: Rob, lets hope Binka doesn't see this post :eek:mg:

Although saying that he's probably already been there, done that ;) :D

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
There is a stunning custom built 12ft 2lb torrix on Welcome to BFW.co.uk for £200. In the classified section.

Its also been put on ebay at 240. As a Wye angler for many years this will cover all your needs.

If you want me to put you in touch let me know. It'll go very quickly. Just a bit more than you wanted to spend but worth it.

I've had 2 for 10 years.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Harrison 11ft Torrix 1.75lb tc for me in normal river conditions,any old 2lb plus for heavier water,though I love my Harrison 'AVON perfection' 1lb 6oz tc,on the Wye it would be outgunned.