What don't need

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I've got a 10 ft middy rod that copes well with roach and carp alike but today I went to the tackle shop and had a waggle of a 10ft Diawa pellet waggler rod , priced at 32 quid

I nearly bought the rod but I don't need it

Why do we do this to ourselves

robtherake

Reaction score
I've steered clear of the tackle shops and selling sites, partly because of a persistent bad back, and really thought I was doing well. It would have been so easy to indulge in a spot of comfort buying, but I resisted, having no real need for owt else, until a boot sale visit saw me parting with some readies for an old Normark float rod that I didn't need.:eek:

On a positive note, I just won 2 pairs of RAD Angling's carbon banksticks in a Facebook competition. Nice and light for those minimum tackle days.:)

Last edited:

markv

Reaction score
Reluctantly I have come to the conclusion that I am smitten by two hobbies.

The first is fishing

and the other is buying tackle ...

I don't actually need ...but like.

thecrow

Reaction score
I have never been one that purchased tackle on a whim in a tackle shop, I have only ever purchased stuff because I haven't got anything to do a particular job that I want from whichever bit of tackle although that's not to say that if I saw something that was a real bargain I wouldn't be tempted :)

nottskev

Reaction score
My riches consist not in the extent of my possessions, but in the fewness of my wants.

But I really fancy that rod.

B

binka

I did manage to walk out the shop without the rod but even as I sit here I feel the siren call of the rod
"Buy me buy me you know you want to"

And I bet they'd do a combo deal if you wanted to pair it up with a nice, shiny new reel which you thoroughly deserve :)

chrissh

Reaction score
I have ask the wife the same question when she come home with more shoes, cloths & hand bags

The answer was you want me to look nice when WE go out don’t YOU!!!

I cant just go into a tackle shop for a bag of pellet or a pint of maggots with out buying something else i don't relay need at that time..

trotter2

Reaction score
Need and want are two very different things gentleman :eek:mg::eek:hno:

rayner

Reaction score
Tackle shops are my weakness, having said that I made a conscious decision not to buy another rod a couple of years ago.
Since then I bought a pole, a waggler rod and 4 whips. But I did need them guvnor. Honest.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Since when has 'need' had anything to do with, or indeed even come into consideration, when looking to buy a new rod?

If you 'want' it then that is sufficient justification.

;)

steve2

Reaction score
Tackle shops are like sweet shops you know you shouldn’t buy but everything is so tempting. Suppose in one way I am lucky in that my nearest tackle shop is on commercial water and stocks mainly match and carp gear two things I don’t do. Unfortunately there is Ebay and that to me is just one big fishing tackle catalogue.
If I were to check I like of us most have enough tackle to last two lifetimes but that nice new shiny rod and reel is always tempting. Not to mention adding more hooks and weights to the 100's I already have.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Personally, I cannot resist a junk shop bargain buy, consequently I own piles and piles of junk; a life times work and on going.

thecrow

Reaction score
What I don't need is anymore old hemp that wont split, got some from a tackle shop today and wont be going back there other than to show him his **** hemp. :mad: