Been away for a while but..........

Wilko

Reaction score
Splitstops!.....what a great little item!
Now when I change the bait I don't have to retie the hair to suit the bait, just wind it in or out and what about being able to use it as a stop for your meat, paste, bread etc....genius! What a well thought out reinvention for such a humble item of tackle.

So relieved to be back in the game.

Last edited:

chrissh

Reaction score
What are split stops?

same as a hair rig stop but with a difference they can be adjusted

s-l1000.jpg

View image in gallery

SPLITSTOP™ large bait stops, meat stops and more...!

mikench

Reaction score
Presumably these are for those who tie their own hooks with a hair rig! I dont need them then!:rolleyes:

Wilko

Reaction score
Spaghetti makes a good slip stop.

Yes but you can't adjust the length of the hair with it.

When I tie hair rigs in advance I have to decide what size the bait is going to be then tie the hair to the correct size, with these you just leave a longish tail, slip the stop on, burn on a blob or tie a knot to stop it slipping off then ravel the tail up or down to the correct length, I can go from single corn to several grains using the same rig, I can vary pellet or boilie size on the same rig, I can vary the size of the meat or cheese cube using the same rig....I tie one rig and it can adapt to the changes I make without having to re-tie...Genius!

Presumably these are for those who tie their own hooks with a hair rig! I dont need them then!
You can still use them to adjust the same rig you're already using rather than put a new one on.

Last edited:

laguna

Reaction score
Thanks for the plug Wilco where have you been mate? :D
Anyway welcome back! :)

Is that in conjunction with a bit of tubing to trap the hair?
No a blob or a knot will trap the hair in one of the splits. You can use rig tubing if you want to adjusting the length of the hooklink though.
Easy way to secure is to use a long hair (don't tie a loop) and thread it down the hole in the middle, blob hair with a cigarette lighter and pull so it sits into the recess. It sounds complicated but it isn't, illustrated colour booklet enclosed includes some different rig ideas.
To adjust the length; simply wrap it knotless-knot style and tuck the tag back into the split.
They are big stops for big bait, they can also be transformed into meat stops, artificial plastic pellets, bread flake and paste anchor's or whatever..
Link SPLITSTOP's™, LAGUNA Fishing Products