Am I missing something?

mats

Reaction score
I think that a lot of accuracy is lost when we cast lazily letting the clip stop the flight of the feeder. What I try to do is cast accurately and so the clip just tells me i'm in the right place. In my match fishing days, before I took a more relaxed approach to my fishing, I would practice casting accurately and aim to land the feeder so that after casting when I brought the rod back to a set point behind me i would be at the clip. I was pretty accurate when conditions were reasonable, I'm sure this approach was more accurate than letting the feeder hit the clip and missing the spot.
I witnessed someone spoding a few weekends back on an adjacent bank. The guy was winding up as if to put the thing out 100 yards butwas clipped up at about 40-50 yards each cast the spod hit the clip and came back towards him.

Reaction score
There is always the side of bad angling,not hitting the clip and easing it down,the bad mixing of g.bait are but two,mistakes happen occasionally,but shouldn't happen regularly...

nicky

Reaction score
Using a spod/spomb clipped up at the distance of your feeder is the way forward,casting a spod/spomb will vary a bit and I deliberately vary it a bit more by casting either side of your far bank marker and also moving a pace forward and back to set a dinner table plus sized baited area,as for the possibility of fishing where the fish aren't,i'm afraid that casting all over the lake with feed spread everywhere isn't likely to succeed very often,before you feed you should have some idea of bottom contours,bars,shelves etc,to give your feed the best chance of drawing a response imho.
Good advice sometimes I will stick to the spot with one rod and have an explore with the second

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

Using a spod/spomb clipped up at the distance of your feeder is the way forward,casting a spod/spomb will vary a bit and I deliberately vary it a bit more by casting either side of your far bank marker and also moving a pace forward and back to set a dinner table plus sized baited area,as for the possibility of fishing where the fish aren't,i'm afraid that casting all over the lake with feed spread everywhere isn't likely to succeed very often,before you feed you should have some idea of bottom contours,bars,shelves etc,to give your feed the best chance of drawing a response imho.
Good advice sometimes I will stick to the spot with one rod and have an explore with the second

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

I sometimes stick to the spot with one rod and explore with the 2nd

Reaction score
Jesus Nicky,i've been told I talk a lot but.......:D

nicky

Reaction score
Jesus Nicky,i've been told I talk a lot but.......:D
Haha my responses weren't showing as sent looks like they all come through at once

---------- Post added at 16:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

Tbh I catch plenty of fish it was just an observation that seeing two distinct fishing approaches side by side the more accurate approach isn't always the most productive as I would have thought.
Sometimes its probably down to who ever is on the most fish picked the best swim etc.
On a side note I have an ibobber on order which I'm going to use to map some swims out