Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  62
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Noise - Whats wrong with some people

It's not so long ago the consensus supported a quiet public space in eg cinemas, libraries, buses, trains..... The unspoken idea being that we restrained ourselves to avoid driving each other nuts. Restraint is not in fashion but self-indulgence is, and now YOU'RE the one that's out of order if you object to anything. I worked in a college until recently; I could also say I worked in a place that used to be a college. Sociologists invented the term “de-differentiation” to describe the collapsing of differences. It fitted the college well, as libraries, study areas, classrooms, canteens, lecture theatres, social areas etc all became the same – a place to relax, chat, eat, drink, phone and text your friends. So, I just cast into your peg. What's your problem? We're all fishing aren't we?

WHY DOES YOU LOT KEEP EFFING PICKING ON ME?

Interesting trying to get it to stay in upper case.
    Last edited by sagalout; 01-06-2017 at 20:20.

Given what I said a little earlier in the thread about avoiding people if you don’t like noise, I thought I had to share this with you given the timing and irony of it….

I have been baiting a swim on a river for a couple of days. Although the stretch is not exactly off the beaten track not many people fish there as access to the water is quite difficult. You have maybe three quarters of a mile of very steep overgrown banks full of trees and brambles and so on. I have only ever seen a handful of other anglers there down the years so perfect for a bit of pre-baiting as you can literally guarantee you won’t see anyone else.
    However just to be extra sure I also choose a particularly difficult to access swim, well I say swim but its hardly a swim at all really just a small gap in the trees then a steep drop of about 20 feet down to the waters edge , you have to lower the kit down then climb down yourself after ..basically its not easy and you end up scratched and bleeding from the brambles but worth the effort as there are some very good fish present.
    Anyway I baited it for a couple of days and was raring to have a go yesterday evening; off I went and got there about 9.30pm with the intention to do a couple of hours into darkness. However on arrival although there was not a soul to be seen anywhere else there were two Chinese fellas right there in the exact spot, multiple sea fishing rods pointing skywards & wearing normal clothes ..leather jackets and jeans and beers in their hands. I couldn’t believe it , they had like miles of river to choose from and they choose to climb down there !?!? The fact they even found the gap to climb down was a miracle. I was well hacked off but what can you do ? …so I simply left.

Anyway this evening I decided I would try again for a quick hour or two as they were clearly not serious anglers so I was sure they would be long gone never to be seen again. On arrival as the light started to fade the swim was empty – hallelujah !
    I climbed down taking great care not to bang anything about or shine a light on the water as your right on top of the fish, and started to setup as quietly as I could. As I did the same two Chinese fellas turned up and bellowed down to me from the top of the bank “ARE YOU FISHING” ? ….”yes I have just arrived” ! I said back in a more hushed tone. Ha Ha I thought …beat you to it this time eh ! and I assumed they would just then go …But then to my disbelief they went to the next gap in the trees and started to force their way down …braches cracking, vegetation being ransacked, literally a Bull elephant would have made less noise. They had literally MILES of vacant river to choose from but they choose to try and force their way down an impenetrable vertical bank to fish within 15 yards of me ! …and keep in mind at this point its now getting onto total darkness as well ! Of course it goes without saying they were shouting to each other at the top of their voices as well. Then of course once they got down to the waters edge I had the bombardment of sea leads being cast in multiple times and thrashing the water to foam, several of course landing in my patch of water. I sat there and considered just packing up immediately but decided as I was there I may as well go through the motions and cast in. So I put out the two rods and sat back annoyed as total darkness closed in around us.
    Literally 5mins later ..one of the guys starts to sort of jungle thrash his way along the bank from his swim to mine shouting “MISTER” “MISTER” “MISTER” at the top of his voice. To make things even worse he had a head lamp on as well flashing all over the place. If I had chucked a luminous brick into the swim I would have scared less fish. Anyway after what seemed an eternity of thrashing, stomping & branch breaking he sort of crashes through the last set of brambles and branches into my swim looking totally disheveled … “MISTER”! he says again to me. “WHAT ?” I said back in a very annoyed tone …he then says, and I still can’t believe it, …”have you caught anything?”

I literally was dumbstruck. I just looked at the bloke and said “No”. He then turns round and starts the jungle thrash his way back to his own swim again. I packed up and left !

Last edited by Philip; 01-06-2017 at 23:56.

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Its the day ticket waters that are the worst in my experience. There are several that I simply will not go to because of the morons that infest the places. And most ( not all) of the owners couldn't give a toss so long as Ugg has paid his ticket money.

But as several have commented this behaviour and utter disdain for others is to be found pretty well everywhere you go nowadays.

Sad but true
    By the time a man realizes his Father was right, he has a son who thinks he's wrong.

I was lucky enough to get invited to join a water by someone who worked in a local tackle shop who's mate ran this water and was looking for "sensible" members to help cover the lease. The lease holder is not out to make money it seems its his hobby just looking after the water.

This will be my 3rd year and I am often the only one fishing. I feel a bit lucky for this as its just a lovely place to be.

Even though there is nothing really really special in there, the Perch have done well on the numerous small roach & double lucky for me, these are my favourite fish

Back in the day I had been one of those noisy teenagers
    Last edited by shane99; 02-06-2017 at 05:23.

7. Default Re: Noise - Whats wrong with some people

I fish Bury Hill regularly. It's a very nice, 4 lake day ticket water in Surrey.
    Recently it's been invaded by louts who fish until they see the bailiff up the track at the top lake and then disappear or sit there all day swinging beer and shouting.
    Thankfully next year it's going to members only!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Fortunately for who,certainly not for the occasional visitor,I believe it's a shame to lose a well run fishery like Bury Hill,i've only been a couple of times,but it's a nice setting for a days fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I have been baiting a swim on a river for a couple of days.
    Is this a story from a previous season, or have you been waiting for someone to bite and ask what you're doing on a river before June 16th? ;-)

10. Default Re: Noise - Whats wrong with some people

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    Fortunately for who,certainly not for the occasional visitor,I believe it's a shame to lose a well run fishery like Bury Hill,i've only been a couple of times,but it's a nice setting for a days fishing.
    I'm not 100% sure of the management's reasoning behind it. But the recent clientele might have played a part in it.

That and the owner is building his new bungalow on site too!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast