Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default summer chub fishing

Hello all as the open season is fast coming onto us , just thinking about gearing myself up for summer chub fishing , il mainly be going on bristol avon . People have told me not to bother and wait until october as during the summer its not too good .

Is this the case ?

If not any tips for summer would be great thanks .

Regarding hooklinks from flouro what make does people recommend ?

thanks

binka Guest

Default Re: summer chub fishing

I can't comment on the timing as it's not a river that I'm familiar with but on the flouro, as discussed recently in another thread, I am perfectly happy with Drennan Supplex.

It's reasonably cheap, readily available and doesn't break below it's stated strength, either on the knot or on the line.

Fluro hook lenghts

cheers Steve .

i use supplex in mono but not tried flouro yet .

If not the avon i got a small strech on a club ticket of the thames but its the boat traffic that puts me off .

Local knowledge is the best you can get have a chat in your tackle shops or take a walk along the river and chat to others fishing .but if People have told you not to bother and wait until later in the year that’s probably the best info
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

local tackle shops know nothing about the river and last year in all the trips down the river i only saw 1 person ( same river but belonged to another club ) and . I was told that the avon has lost most of the decent fish in the area i got the ticket for due to a few years ago there was a otter re settlement program and they introduced many colonies of otters in the area . Thats crazy

only 2 close rivers is Avon and River Thames which controlled by more clubs no day tickets

binka Guest

It sounds like you've got enough problems with the otters Matt, but in case you need any more...

https://www.facebook.com/pointswest/...0661960028949/

Looking on the bright side you should at least get a clean trot through

oh dear .... kiss of death i reckon ! need to get into trotting this year .

Thames it may be and been told because of the crays there some clonkers in there !

Any better bait for summer chub ?

Wink Re: summer chub fishing

just googled the Bristol Avon there's not a lot about it and what there is .is out of date

found this link
    Coarse Fishing in the Bristol Avon Get Hooked

tell the wife you need to move
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

its above chippenham section i got a ticket for .

unless i got have a few days on the wye which just over a hour drive

Blog Entries

I've found due to boat traffic decent chub virtually disappear from the face of the earth until September-October,unless your on the upper river where waggler and hemp and tare against cover can work.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast