June 16th - What are you most looking forward to?

Simon Vicos

Reaction score
For me, going down to my local River Rother near Petersfield and seeing where the Chub and Roach have put themselves. And of course trying to catch them. Also as in previous years a lot of fishing with small deadbaits in summer for Eels, Perch and Chub. They do seem to love a head section of a Roach and when they ignore normal baits they just seem to nail deadbaits with gusto, I wonder why ?

And of course being well away from anybody. Its amazing how many fish show themselves when they aren't disturbed and have no idea you are there

Not looking forward to 'The Circus' driving 200+ miles to go camping at Johnson's lake for the next month trying to get their pics in the angling press targeting Crucians with their two rod buzzer attack ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz........ At least Harris gets a little breather once people go back to their club waters

So what are you most looking forward to ?

B

binka

I think it will be the drive there at silly o'clock as the sun rises on another season, it's always a special time and wondering what the following nine months have in store.

Really looking forward to building up a swim again on the river and running a bait at 'em, there's always the chance that practically anything can turn up on our big rivers be it an unexpected species or a big fish... Or a combination of both! :)

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Il be at work but unfortunately I won't be on the river banks for a couple of weeks yet . Need to go shopping for some end tackle and ideally looking for a small bag for roving with . Got a small quiver but won't be taking a chair with me .

Anyone got any suggestions for a durable fishing rucksack . My cheapo one I bought I have ripped a hole in it .

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Il be at work but unfortunately I won't be on the river banks for a couple of weeks yet . Need to go shopping for some end tackle and ideally looking for a small bag for roving with . Got a small quiver but won't be taking a chair with me .

Anyone got any suggestions for a durable fishing rucksack . My cheapo one I bought I have ripped a hole in it .

I'll be fishing for crucians on 16th, not on Johnsons but not far away! Matt, take a look in Aldi next time you are passing one; they do a very nice Day-bag (not really a rucksack) for about a tenner.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Thats where the last rucksack came from , got caught on a barbed wire fence and ripped , luckily not too much in it at time .

Got an esp rucksack but it's too big for river fishing loads of space but if it's fairly empty goes all floppy and limp . Plus it's really heavy when full . Carrys my carp gear in it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikench

Reaction score
..................floppy and limp is an age thing Matt; comes to us all eventually:rolleyes:

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Colin,

A certain person might have a free June 16....

Slightly ironic that if Julius had to avoid the ides of March, this person MAY have to avoid the ides of June...

Politics skirted, flirted and averted. You've been a great audience, Goodnight!! :)

dann

Reaction score
I am going to see if I can get a few hours at dusk tomorrow, then I plan to get to the river on both Saturday and Sunday for a few hours each day.

How early will depends on how easy I find it getting out of bed after a pretty hard week :wh