Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    binka Guest

Default Last minute preparations

I've just given the 'pins a damned good degunking and re-oiled them as I've probably gone 10 - 12 sessions on each without so much as a wipe down.

It's not a criticism as such as it doesn't seem to affect the performance but the Conquests are prone to picking up muck inside the back plate due to the very open design.

Still, a good jet wash with the power washer soon sorted that out and it certainly cleaned out the spindle housing!

Just one to load with new line as I did the other last week and then it's just a case of picking the bait up on Thursday and organising the gear for Friday and an overnight turnaround on different gear for a session with a mate on Saturday.

Anyone got any last minute preparations still to do for the new season?

Default Re: Last minute preparations

Need to reload the spools with new line. But apart from that I am good to go

Yes indeed Steve, in fact I still have a fair bit to do. Was planning on using the pin too but it is going to be windy here on Friday. I have got next week off with the intention of getting some evenings on the bank but various other issues are making this week not the quiet run in I hoped for. Work is hot and tiring and yesterday some dickhead smashed my wing mirror by passing too close on a narrow lane and left me covered in broken glass and bleeding. Should have had the air con on instead of the window open but to be honest I don't think I have ever used the air con. There is still loads to do in the garden etc and to be honest my energy levels are somewhat low as I find it too hot to sleep at night. I will be there on Friday though come hell or high water. Although it will be low water I suspect
    Last edited by lambert1; 13-06-2017 at 19:40.
    By the time a man realizes his Father was right, he has a son who thinks he's wrong.

Finished spooling up most (10) of the reels with Daiwa Sensor - apart from my float reels I'm moving away from Drennan Line. For some reason it seems to be prone to frap-ups. Of course it could be me thats prone to them, but a change of line may help.

Also just finished making up a goodly lump of the smelliest cheese paste in fishing history. I know it's mainly regarded as a winter bait but I've heard many tales of it's prowess in the summer too, so I'll give it a go.

Other than that I'm pretty much ready for the off. Picking up the bait on Thursday after work, pack the gear into the van then a few hours kip and then I'm up and at 'em early doors.
    Ramblings about my attempts to catch fish and the search for the perfect sausage can be found at www.fishingforluckies.com

binka Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lambert1 View Post
    some dickhead smashed my wing mirror by passing too close on a narrow lane and left me covered in broken glass and bleeding.
    Jeez, that must have been nasty and I hope it's nothing more than minor cuts.

Bloody annoying all the same, sorry to hear about that and don't let the barstewards get you down

Yeah only minor cuts Steve but damned annoying all the same. Thanks mate.
    By the time a man realizes his Father was right, he has a son who thinks he's wrong.

Blog Entries

Spooled up my trusty shimano aero 610s with braid this week ready for some long range method feeder fishing then re practiced my tying of the mono to braid allbright knot.
    Ready to go !!!

Blog Entries

Loaded all my fixed spools and centrepins with fresh line and cleaned and oiled my reels all ready for the new season but I won't be fishing the rivers and streams for the first few days as I'm not going to start until after the initial rush is over.

Meanwhile I'm going to be targeting Tench and Crucians at my local private estate lake with my son for the next two weeks or so with the occasional foray after a few Carp on the surface if they've finished spawning. However I will be regularly be walking my local stream and keeping my eye on it.

Keith
    Last edited by Keith M; 13-06-2017 at 21:48.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Reels all spooled up ready to go. Bait on order for collection on Thursday night. All I need to do now is cook the hemp on the stove that has been soaking since last night. Can't wait!

Blog Entries

Picked up a kilo of frozen boilies,all depends on the weather really,as most of my stretches involve a hike,I don't fancy sweating my guts off,although I could do with it,I walked to my doctors/pharmacy to pick up repeat meds at around midday for a bit of training,at 2.5/3 miles each way through housing,woods and across football fields it was a tad warm(as a prize plonker,I didn't take a bottle of water with me).The trouble with fishing in the heat is that at least 1.5 litres of fluid need to be lugged,without the gear,I was going to go breaming today at Furzton Lake,but with no wind and bright sun that's a no-no and going along with the fact that my book hasn't arrived yet(bought it online a week last Friday)due to a system glitch,If I print my receipt email off I can still go,but I always feel unsettled without the book in hand...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast