Anyone tried the cadence

sam vimes

Reaction score
Silvers is the only one admitting to having seen one in the flesh on here. I've seen a few more comments on Maggotdrowners. I've not yet managed to see them, though I'd like to.

thecrow

Reaction score
Hadnt heard of this maker but I do like this from their website. I notice that the prices are in $ and wonder if this applies to this country?

WE PROMISE TO GIVE A KIDS’ COMBO TO ONE OF OUR CHARITIES, OR YOU,
FOR EVERY PURCHASE OF $50 OR MORE

Wouldn't it be nice if some of our "British" manufactures did something similar.

thecrow

Reaction score
Thanks Chris, yes they offer the same thing over here which really puts those "British" manufacturers to shame, perhaps they are thinking of future customers with the kids sticking to the brand that started them off, whatever it is I like the idea.

WE PROMISE TO GIVE A KIDS FISHING POLE TO ONE OF OUR CHARITIES
FOR EVERY PURCHASE OF £50 OR MORE

dalesman

Reaction score
Hadnt heard of this maker but I do like this from their website. I notice that the prices are in $ and wonder if this applies to this country?

WE PROMISE TO GIVE A KIDS’ COMBO TO ONE OF OUR CHARITIES, OR YOU,
FOR EVERY PURCHASE OF $50 OR MORE

Wouldn't it be nice if some of our "British" manufactures did something similar.

The company's using Ambassadors to promote the range and on chatting to Paul from York ( not a member on here ) has advised the 13' and 14' Waggler and Feeder rods retail including taxes at £110. For every rod sold a young angler will receive a 7m whip

I hoping to catch up with Paul shortly on the Banks of the Swale for a days chub fishing

sam vimes

Reaction score
I hoping to catch up with Paul shortly on the Banks of the Swale for a days chub fishing

If you wouldn't mind letting me know where and when, I may poke my nose in if you don't mind. I tried to arrange a meet with Paul during the Tees festival, but I guess he'll have been a bit pushed for time.

trotter2

Reaction score
Silvers is the only one admitting to having seen one in the flesh on here. I've seen a few more comments on Maggotdrowners. I've not yet managed to see them, though I'd like to.
Yes it would be interesting to have a look over them.
There is a few YouTube video up Sam

silvers

Reaction score
As I said on the other thread, had a waggle and flexed a rigged up rod at a match a couple of weeks back.
I haven't had a chance to talk properly with James yet about them.

The numbering is same as the carbotecs, and I know that the shaky Mach 3 that James helped to develop was modelled on his own carbotecs to some extent.

at the price they're worth a punt, just to find out. I'M trying to justify it to myself ... but I already have 16 float rods.

dalesman

Reaction score
OK I have been chatting with James Robbins via email, who has given me a list of Cadence Ambassadors around the country all involved the match scene.

•Keith Easton
•Paul Kozyra
•Trevor Chalk
•Stephen Whitfield
•Paul Bick
•Alan Barnes
•Jim Burton

Paul Kozyra is based in Yorkshire, sorry cant advise on the other locations, that's for you to don you Deerstalker and do you own home work. Hope this helps.

silvers

Reaction score
I've now got hold of a 13ft no. 2 float rod to try out.

first waggle is encouraging - I'm looking for a rod that can be used for dace and roach with 0.07 and 22 fine wire, but also to bully 4 pound chub away from snags with heavier gear. At the moment I carry two different rods for this.

I won't get a chance to use for a couple of weeks, but will let you know after.

FWIW - the ones I know of the ambassadors
Paul Bick is based out of Worcester
Trevor Chalk is south west midlands - fishes the Warks Avon circuit and wider
Jim Burton (CEO of Matchbox) is also Warks/Worcs area.

Last edited: