Beginners guide book & DVD

Richox12

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good book and a good DVD which I could get as a birthday present for my nephew. He's only going to be 9, is taking an interest (he has caught odd mackerel etc on holiday and loved it) and wants to fish more often rather than wait to go a couple of times per year on holiday. He lives in Durham and 250 miles away from me so no chance to take him myself.

steve2

Reaction score
John Baileys book Fishing in the Footsteps of Mr Crabtree.
There is also a DVD available.

tomino2112

Reaction score
I bought this book:

The Complete Fishing Manual

Now it is probably not the best fishing book, but I think the format of it would be really great for little kid. When I was in his age I had some books about aeroplanes, dinosaurs and encyclopedias that were in very similar format (shiny pages, everything explained with lots of well made pictures) and I loved it, even now when I go back home and go through these books I am totally hooked and brings back lots of memories.

! Be aware I saw this book first in Waterstones and it was whooping 22 pounds ! Got it from amazon for 7 pounds

theartist

Reaction score
I bought this book:

! Be aware I saw this book first in Waterstones and it was whooping 22 pounds ! Got it from amazon for 7 pounds

These books will be great for a youngster especially if they are well illustrated with photos and good art, another 'heads up' is that charity shops are often full of them good as new.

Richox12

Reaction score
Very many thanks for the suggestions. I'm sure he'll now be happy