cant figure out how to tilt new umbrella

raptor

Reaction score
i've just bought a new umbrella the Greys Prodigy 50", does anyone here own this because i cant for the life of me figure out how to partially tilt it, it says on the website i got it from that it has a "quick to use partial tilt and also a full tilt facility by unscrewing and relocating the centre pole".

i obviously know that the full tilt cn be done by unscrewing the pole but the partial tilt im not sure the umbrella has it?

Greys Prodigy Umbrella

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
It sounds like the Nubroli system, has the main part that is attatched to the brolly and where you undo the groundspike from got a chamfer on one side ?
If so,part unscrew the groundspike to just below the chamfer, tilt the brolly and then tighten up the groundspike,
I have not got the brolly you have but from what you describe that is the way I
think it would be,having had a Nubroli system before,and most modern brollies
now have the tilt system I described,
I hope this helps

naxian62

Reaction score
Hi Raptor, just about to upgrade my brolly, and was giving consideration to one of these. Does it really only weigh 2kg. And what do you think so far ? Robust enough ?
Sorry to hijack your thread.
Cheers

john step

Reaction score
Naxian, I have one bought when a walk is involved. Quite a lot lighter that my previous ones.

Now for for negative.....On mine where the brolly arms fit into the outer rim of the material.
The strong looking material that the ribs slot into just isn't up to the job.
The ribs started poking through.
I fixed it by cutting and taping small pieces of chammy (is that the spelling) leather on the ribs end and this has lasted a couple of years or so now.

Worth looking at before parting with the readies.

raptor

Reaction score
It sounds like the Nubroli system, has the main part that is attatched to the brolly and where you undo the groundspike from got a chamfer on one side ?
If so,part unscrew the groundspike to just below the chamfer, tilt the brolly and then tighten up the groundspike,
I have not got the brolly you have but from what you describe that is the way I
think it would be,having had a Nubroli system before,and most modern brollies
now have the tilt system I described,
I hope this helps

im not sure but i dont think its the Nubroli system i cant find a chamfer on the centre pole. sorry for the bad quality picture

there is a cut out at the VERY TOP of the pole but thats where you screw the centre pole in for a full tilt

Hi Raptor, just about to upgrade my brolly, and was giving consideration to one of these. Does it really only weigh 2kg. And what do you think so far ? Robust enough ?
Sorry to hijack your thread.
Cheers

it does seem fairly light and of satisfactory build quality, BUT it does say made in china and i havent used it yet so time will tell but if i cant find out how to partially tilt it will go back!

Naxian, I have one bought when a walk is involved. Quite a lot lighter that my previous ones.

Now for for negative.....On mine where the brolly arms fit into the outer rim of the material.
The strong looking material that the ribs slot into just isn't up to the job.
The ribs started poking through.
I fixed it by cutting and taping small pieces of chammy (is that the spelling) leather on the ribs end and this has lasted a couple of years or so now.

Worth looking at before parting with the readies.

John you have this umbrella? how do you partial tilt it?

Last edited:

naxian62

Reaction score
Thanks for replies guys. Might go for something a bit cheaper, after all, my ebay 18 quid job did me for 3 years. And best of all, for me, it was just a tad over 2kg.

john step

Reaction score
There is a slide mechanism at the top. From your photo it looks like there is one. If it doesn't slide it may be defective.
I must say I rarely bother with tilting. I just put the thing up with the pole at an angle and if windy with the wind at my back.

I find it more stable on any brolly in the wind which we seem to get more than our fair share here.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I have noticed a slight gap where it looks as if there is a slide mechanism,
if you move it upwards the brolly should tilt and stay in place,
it was the removable pole that threw me,thats why I thought it was like a nubroli system, my mistake and sorry for any confusion caused :(

raptor

Reaction score
There is a slide mechanism at the top. From your photo it looks like there is one. If it doesn't slide it may be defective.
I must say I rarely bother with tilting. I just put the thing up with the pole at an angle and if windy with the wind at my back.

I find it more stable on any brolly in the wind which we seem to get more than our fair share here.

could you describe how the slide mechanism works because i have no idea, ive literally tried everything :confused:

john step

Reaction score
As Mark says. If not then maybe the blurb was out of date and is different from what you have.

seth49

Reaction score
I’ve just had a look at the photos of this, try pushing the release button in and sliding the fitting upwards some more.

raptor

Reaction score
I’ve just had a look at the photos of this, try pushing the release button in and sliding the fitting upwards some more.

it doesnt seem to go past the groove you see in the pole even if you keep the button pressed in, i dunno lads something is definetly not right with this brolly, might be like john said and the blurb is out of date.

the handle that slides up and down the centre pole wont go further than the groove you see in the picture

and there doesnt seem to be anything near the top of the spike to suggest it can be angled

ill see what angling direct say.