Course fishing clubs in North Yorkshire

ljq

Reaction score
Hi,
I am in the process of selling house and moving to Hunmanby in North Yorkshire, can anyone recommend a good fishing club I could join.
Interested in stillwaters waters initially but also would like to try rivers
Thanks

thecrow

Reaction score
Have a google for north Yorkshire clubs there are plenty both course and game that come up, there is also Richmond and district angling club which looks to have plenty to go at.

wrighty64

Reaction score
hunmanby has a fab lake called rosedale which is next to railway station there is also an angling club running on scarborough mere or can be fished on day ticket

sam vimes

Reaction score
Sadly, you are moving to a bit of a twilight zone as far as coarse angling is concerned. The only saving grace is that it's not Northumberland or further north into the North Yorkshire Moors National Park.

I can think of one club for definite and another that's a maybe. The definite is, as mentioned by Wrighty, the Scarborough Mere Angling Club. The other was reputed to have a pond to the north/west of Scarborough. However, in all the time I spent over that way (over ten years), I never bothered to get to the bottom of it. I suspect that your first port of call should be the tackle shop in town.

There are a few day ticket stillwaters in the area. The obvious one, as Wrighty mentioned, is Rosedale in Hunmanby.

Two others a little further away, but still in easy reach, would be Wykeham and Brooklands.
There's also a small fishery at Thorpe Hall in Rudston.

If you are happy to travel a bit further west down the A64 to Malton, a few more options open up to you. South of Driffield there are plenty of stillwaters, from farm ponds to gravel pits.

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
hi sam was the other one throxenby mere if so like you say g.b angling on victoria rd sell tickets

Sounds likely. My first period in the area was over twenty years back. I believe it was a club water then, only available on a season ticket. Now I gather it's a day ticket, but you have to buy a ticket in advance.