How Are They Hanging? Son of "Float Rubber"

trotter2

Reaction score
I use a float adapter ,for the simple reason it allows a quick changes of the float if conditions should change during the day.
If the wind picks up its easy to go to a bigger float or if the fish come up in the water I may wish to try an insert Waggler.
Yes it probably does allow the float to fold on the strike but thats not my main reason for using it.
I leave a slight gap between the shot and the float ,its only about 10mm, any thing longer and it is prone to tangle,and the float I find does not cast right.
On the locking shot the biggest and most weight goes down the line ,smaller shot above the float . You will find it casts better because the load is weight forward of the float instead of the other way around.
With Waggler fishing on running water its usually a sign you are using it because the wind is preventing good presentation with a top and bottom style float. Or you are casting a great distance . Keeping it simple to prevent tangles is my main concern.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
we all know that most of the bulk of the shot is around the base of the float,
what do you use down the line ? shot , stotz, or styles ?
I have tried all three, the styles seemed to give a slower fall through the water but do not cast as well as shot or stotz, (other variations available)
so now it is either shot or stotz (other variations available)
I must point out I only fish canals and stillwaters, rarely fish rivers,
Over to you for your set ups.

The bad one

Reaction score
If you use a longish silicon float adapter between the locking shots you can have the best of both worlds..tight locking shot for anti tangle but the float can still fold over easily on the strike
Couldn't agree more Phil I was waggler fishing on the river yesterday catching a dace a cast, using as I always do, a silicon adaptor, which I make myself.

trotter2

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more Phil I was waggler fishing on the river yesterday catching a dace a cast, using as I always do, a silicon adaptor, which I make myself.

How long do you make them and what's your procedure bad one ?