Rivers are already up and running.....

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
........and the rain outside is seriously heavy! If the forecast is right and the rain carries on all night I reckon there's gonn'a be some nasty flooding :eek:mg:.
I reckon fishing the rivers round these parts is a no no for a number of days to come.

barbelboi

Reaction score
We desperately need rain here - the rivers are down and clear with very little flow..........

sam vimes

Reaction score
The rivers were well up from the rain we had on Monday night/Tuesday morning. Compared to a rather horrendous forecast, we've had surprisingly little rain today. Looking at the various amber warnings on the EA river levels site, the soggy side of the Pennines (and the tops themselves) must have copped for it, as they often do.

The Swale is on the rise again, but it hasn't topped Tuesday's peak yet.
I wasn't planning to get out tomorrow anyway. Strong winds aren't my thing. Friday looks like it might be a goer, but I guess I'll be looking for a pond to fish.

Artie

Reaction score
The severn is also on the rise after leveling out at the start of the week, lots of rain in Wales so the tributaries are swelling, good news is must be warm rain because a Pal tells me the water temp has risen by about a degree.

mikench

Reaction score
........and the rain outside is seriously heavy! If the forecast is right and the rain carries on all night I reckon there's gonn'a be some nasty flooding :eek:mg:.
I reckon fishing the rivers round these parts is a no no for a number of days to come.

I have got an excuse then Ian for tomorrow!;) I still plan a trip to the river D if only to have a look. It is very windy here but the rain is not torrential just constant!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have got an excuse then Ian for tomorrow!;) I still plan a trip to the river D if only to have a look. It is very windy here but the rain is not torrential just constant!

Apparently it's high winds tomorrow, but you never know with the weather reports as they seem to be pretty hit and miss these days.
Mike, if you do decide to go over there check out the levels first as if it's up a few feet you won't get a very good idea of what the stretch holds swim wise. The best time to go check out rivers is when they're down on their bones ;).