Trotting on the Severn. Advice on tatics and equipment.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
It's the LODDON Phil.

Once again you failed to explain what type of fishing for line recommended. It only causes confusion Phil.

It's a bit like saying boat fishing at sea one should use a 200lb wire trace and 250lb mainline.

On a pouting day out.

If you do want advice on any or all of the rivers you mention please don't hesitate to ask. Pm ideally. For example, for some of those rivers, a back lead would be ideally employed, especially for the big fish. On others you would be causing more problems than it's worth.

Happy to offer guidance.

Cheers

Graham

Reaction score
god knows what clutch is thinking".....I bet he thought he'd get some nice simple advice on fishing a float....he'll probably never post again:eek:mg:

Probably loading some 'cuttyhunk' line on his spools as we speak.:D

Philip

Reaction score
It's the LODDON Phil.

Once again you failed to explain what type of fishing for line recommended. It only causes confusion Phil.

It's a bit like saying boat fishing at sea one should use a 200lb wire trace and 250lb mainline.

On a pouting day out.

If you do want advice on any or all of the rivers you mention please don't hesitate to ask. Pm ideally. For example, for some of those rivers, a back lead would be ideally employed, especially for the big fish. On others you would be causing more problems than it's worth.

Happy to offer guidance.

Cheers

Graham

Theres a LoddEN in Dorest Graham….see how your lack of concentration and jumping to conclusions causes confusion.

Just like when you didn’t read the posts and bumbled off answering a question no one asked.

As for guidance, perhaps you can advise me when am I over gunned for Pouting fishing from a boat ? …Well crickey..waddya know ..you already answered that question too even though no one asked it. What luck !

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IGJwbSi.jpg

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Where the hell is Dorest Phil. Near the Lodden?

Ps. That was a fib by you anyway. And far to obvious. Concentration required

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
well I suppose I could edit it ...but I wont.. :D

& PS ...actually no it wasn’t a fib …re read it …I carefully worded it to avoid me fibbing....mis reading posts again Graham ? ...no I wont go there...

Last edited:

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Fib that you meant the Lodden Phil.

Could almost hear you tapping google to find one called that.
Many barbel in it?:D

Molehill

Reaction score
You can't beat a bit of "one-upmanship" on a forum.

Well actually you can, both parties retire to their corners gracefully and no more is said.

clutch

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thanks for the advice, although I did fear the thread was all going to get a bit out of hand for a second!

But, one of the things I like about fishing is the variety of ways you can approach it. And there are obviously some very passionate people on here.

I have picked up some great tips and I cant wait to give this trotting thing a go....unfortunately, that isn't going to happen for awhile. I slipped over on some ice on Saturday night and fractured my wrist in a couple of places!

So, I shall be giving trotting a go in the new year.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Clutch,hope you have better luck than me when I did it,thirteen weeks off work and a lot of discomfort.