Blue Cheese is so good...

laguna

Reaction score
It eats itself! :wh

C37EF271-7196-485F-844B948A589BBC28-zoom.jpg

Last edited:

Reaction score
Y-u-k. It eats itself because nobody in their right mind would put it near their mouths,that's why chub eat it,they think its a slug...:D

terry m

Reaction score
Blue cheese is the best. Far too good for fish.

Roquefort (Goats Milk)
St Agur (Soft)
Stilton (Traditional).

Three of the very best.

Happy for non-believers to stick with their Dairylea triangles and leave the real stuff to the rest of us.
;)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Being (a) a lazy git, and (b) a skinflint when it comes to the cost of bait, this is the perfect answer.

No prep required, just right straight on the hook. May just add some of Laguna's cheese sauce for an extra kick.

This 63p worth will get me two or three short sessions.

NKBn6wP.jpg

KsJ3tKg.jpg

Reaction score
Blue cheese is the best. Far too good for fish.

Roquefort (Goats Milk)
St Agur (Soft)
Stilton (Traditional).

Three of the very best.

Happy for non-believers to stick with their Dairylea triangles and leave the real stuff to the rest of us.
;)

I love stilton,but the other two smell like puke to me,good job we are all different,as for dairylea triangles,that has no cheese in it.;)

rayner

Reaction score
Years ago before I knew better I did make paste with blue cheeses.
Now I know better, if it's a change of how my taste buds have matured I'm not sure.
The only cheese that mascaraed as blue is Danish, a poor substitute for my liking, perhaps Danish blue could be used for paste.

laguna

Reaction score
We used to buy in Roquefort and grow it on. But at around £5-8 per teaspoon its not exactly cheap - when really all we/you need to do is introduce a starter culture - and give it time.

Its ready when your 1Kg of paste bait end up being 800g and under! :D

csg-river-trent-10-12-october-2014-591.jpg

mikench

Reaction score
I love all blue cheeses and served with nice crusty bread or quality crackers such as Bath Olivers, they are the food of the gods! May I recommend Munster if you can get it!:) it is delicious but it really stinks! I used to buy it at Nice airport and they triple wrapped it in foil but you could still smell it !:( They no longer sell it!:(

terry m

Reaction score
I love all blue cheeses and served with nice crusty bread or quality crackers such as Bath Olivers, they are the food of the gods! May I recommend Munster if you can get it!:) it is delicious but it really stinks! I used to buy it at Nice airport and they triple wrapped it in foil but you could still smell it !:( They no longer sell it!:(

Not tried Munster, but will definitely look out for it if it is that potent.

Another one I tried recently at Launceston Place restaurant (you will struggle to find a restaurant with a better cheese board), is Morbier. A French cheese made in two parts firstly with milk from the cows in the morning, then a second lot of milk gets added on top in the evening giving a distinct two coloured (and two flavoured) cheese.

As a youth life seemed to begin and end with Cheddar. What a blinkered fool I was.

mikench

Reaction score
We often buy Morbier when in France ; it is delicious! However I am banned from buying Munster:) it really whiffs like no other cheese on the planet!

An aged compte is delicious too but not a blue cheese !

caelan

Reaction score
i love blue cheese I order the black an blue burger in my local brewers fayre that's if they have not sold OUT of the blue cheese LOL

B

binka

As far as blue cheese goes to me it's akin to marinating a seven day old sweaty sock in cow dung, adding the hard skin shavings of several people with poor foot hygiene and storing it all in a warm, damp room for a few days with an incontinent dog.

Having said that I've had some of Laguna's Blue Cheese (special edition?) additive and believe me it rattles!

It gets reactions though, especially when everything else fails in ridiculous conditions and I used to think it was the chub trying to brush the damned stuff away with their tails.

Until I netted one and had to use the disgorger :)

Smelling is believing...

(or tasting, if you're a fish)

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
Back in the eighties a friends wife used to wait on at wedding receptions and other silver service occasions where she used to save all the wasted bits of blue cheese thro out the year by kneading it into a ball and storing it in their pantry . Lots of different types all maturing until the weather was suitable for chub.
We car shared a few times up to the Swale and Nidd in North Yorkshire where we used it as bait but oh the stink that clung to everything , truly bad in the worst possible way.
That said it certainly did ok with the chub but it was nice when the weather improved and we could get back to other baits!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Used blue cheese for years great bait, Barbel love it.

As for eating the stuff, no thanks not for me, but good on those
who do.

I have thought it would be great for keeping the ugly birds away looking to get a Christmas kiss at the works party.

One smell of that on your breath is enough to put anyone off

feldy

Reaction score
Love Stilton and Roquefort, try one of my favourite sandwiches you blue cheese lovers:

Bloomer type bread
Stilton
Beetroot
Horseradish sauce

It's a winner

mikench

Reaction score
As far as blue cheese goes to me it's akin to marinating a seven day old sweaty sock in cow dung, adding the hard skin shavings of several people with poor foot hygiene and storing it all in a warm, damp room for a few days with an incontinent dog.

Having said that I've had some of Laguna's Blue Cheese (special edition?) additive and believe me it rattles!

It gets reactions though, especially when everything else fails in ridiculous conditions and I used to think it was the chub trying to brush the damned stuff away with their tails.

Until I netted one and had to use the disgorger :)

Smelling is believing...

(or tasting, if you're a fish)

Steve you might be on to something!:) Can you replicate that recipe consistently?:wh I would love to see your face if given a chunk of Munster ! Multiply your recipe to the power 2 and Munster would still overpower it!:rolleyes: