Does thye camera lie?

Reaction score
Alex,it was alleged that he did a bit of both,you and I wouldn't know,had no experience of the man,apparently he still had a name for it down south,when he moved there,he had to have caught good fish mind.

silvers

Reaction score
Alex,it was alleged that he did a bit of both,you and I wouldn't know,had no experience of the man,apparently he still had a name for it down south,when he moved there,he had to have caught good fish mind.

Agreed - I just remember the mickey taking in the mags and also met a couple of the Northampton Specimen Group in the 80s on the Ouse who didn't have much good to say of the man!

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Agreed - I just remember the mickey taking in the mags and also met a couple of the Northampton Specimen Group in the 80s on the Ouse who didn't have much good to say of the man!

I met John in about 1984 when he still lived in Oxford; since then he moved to Dorset though I haven't seen him for a while. He's a lovely friendly bloke who's caught many good fish. There are far worse out there!

thecrow

Reaction score
What is it that makes an angler exaggerate their catches, is it ego, striving to get a sponsor on board, pressure to stay sponsored or are some of the exaggerations genuinely believed by the angler or are some just natural bull$hi**ers?

Philip

Reaction score
One upmanship. Striving to impress your peers. Like anything ...its got to be bigger, better etc.

I suspect most will say they dont play that game but I suspect allot of us do really to some extent.

Not such a bad thing really. After all whats wrong with wanting or striving to be the best at something ?

I think anglers can also be over modest sometimes.

Reaction score
Many years ago myself and two mates went over to Belturbet,Ireland for a weeks fishing,well two of us caught plenty through the week,but the other guy struggled,so on the last fishing day I suggested going to a stretch of the Erne in the North,well I suggested we all get in near the bridge,so our combined feed gathered the bream,the guy who hadn't been catching said no and walked around 200yds downstream into a small gap in the reeds,we could see his rod bending when he had a bream,anyway the guy who sat next to me saw that he'd started packing up so went up to see how he'd done,when he'd got 25yds away from him he quickly drag his keepnet out and returned his fish,telling the guy next to me he'd had 150lbs+,no way had he caught that much,he couldn't have got his net emptied so quick,since then he's become well known for his flannel.