FishingMagic Forums

Go Back   FishingMagic Forums > >
Register Forums Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Search Mark Forums Read

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 15-01-2018, 09:14

s63 is a splendid one to beholds63 is a splendid one to beholds63 is a splendid one to beholds63 is a splendid one to beholds63 is a splendid one to beholds63 is a splendid one to beholds63 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Groundbait for trotting.

I haven't tried it but wouldn't a ball of sticky maggot do the trick, or would it "destick" the minute it hits the water?
Old 16-01-2018, 00:11

kenpm is on a distinguished road

Van den Eynde Turbo in natural or black for balling in,very heavy slightly sticky groundbait made for exactly what you are doing.
If you want to make it break up more and have less feed you can add up to about 25% damp leam or molehill.
If you want it really solid add Van den Eynde Secret up to 50% if the depth or flow increases.
Old 16-01-2018, 07:27

Molehill will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=kenp
If you want to make it break up more and have less feed you can add up to about 25% damp leam or molehill..[/QUOTE]

Steady on there, you're not chucking me in the river

But seriously, when people talk of "molehill" I presume that is simply sieved earth from the molehills? Can any be used or does it need to come from certain soil types - which must vary tremendously around the country.
Old 16-01-2018, 10:38

nottskev is a splendid one to beholdnottskev is a splendid one to beholdnottskev is a splendid one to beholdnottskev is a splendid one to beholdnottskev is a splendid one to beholdnottskev is a splendid one to beholdnottskev is a splendid one to beholdnottskev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molehill View Post
Steady on there, you're not chucking me in the river

But seriously, when people talk of "molehill" I presume that is simply sieved earth from the molehills? Can any be used or does it need to come from certain soil types - which must vary tremendously around the country.

At the risk of too much information:

the thesis Soil... underestimated, misunderstood

the movie YouTube

A few years ago I had a small garden short on topsoil, so I used to keep a spade and a big bucket in the boot and pick up molehill soil as and when.
I do the same for a while in the summer, and pick some up while the soil is dry and keep it in a bin in the shed for use with groundbait.
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks Molehill thanked for this post
Old 16-01-2018, 22:29

markcw will become famous soon enoughmarkcw will become famous soon enough

Be careful where you get it from, Dogs seem to take a liking to peeing on it for some reason, round here we use Terre de B&Q,