Groundbait for trotting.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I haven't tried it but wouldn't a ball of sticky maggot do the trick, or would it "destick" the minute it hits the water?

kenpm

Reaction score
Van den Eynde Turbo in natural or black for balling in,very heavy slightly sticky groundbait made for exactly what you are doing.
If you want to make it break up more and have less feed you can add up to about 25% damp leam or molehill.
If you want it really solid add Van den Eynde Secret up to 50% if the depth or flow increases.

Molehill

Reaction score
kenp If you want to make it break up more and have less feed you can add up to about 25% damp leam or molehill..[/QUOTE said:
Steady on there, you're not chucking me in the river :(

But seriously, when people talk of "molehill" I presume that is simply sieved earth from the molehills? Can any be used or does it need to come from certain soil types - which must vary tremendously around the country.

nottskev

Reaction score
Steady on there, you're not chucking me in the river :(

But seriously, when people talk of "molehill" I presume that is simply sieved earth from the molehills? Can any be used or does it need to come from certain soil types - which must vary tremendously around the country.

At the risk of too much information:

the thesis Soil... underestimated, misunderstood

the movie YouTube

A few years ago I had a small garden short on topsoil, so I used to keep a spade and a big bucket in the boot and pick up molehill soil as and when.
I do the same for a while in the summer, and pick some up while the soil is dry and keep it in a bin in the shed for use with groundbait.

kenpm

Reaction score
Assuming you have Pee free molehill :D just take a handful and squeeze fairly hard then rub the resulting ball between your hands over a bucket,if it breaks down to the same sort of consistency as it was before you squeezed it the soil is fine to add to groundbait after mixing, always after mixing never before.
The same sort of test applies to groundbait after you mix it,if it is full of lumps riddle the lumps off before use with a standard maggot riddle if you need to wet it again before adding soil or using riddle again after wetting..

Moles never burrow in really clayey soil anyway too much like hard work.

Another Dave

Reaction score
Moles all along the riverbanks where i am. I've never understood how they don't drown when the river floods.

Another Dave

Reaction score
Who's making the molehill's the week after the flood eh, Mr Cholmondeley-Corker? Is it mole ghosts Mr Cholmondeley-Corker, is it?

Hey look everyone, this bloke believes in mole ghosts!

Reaction score
Well if indeed there are mole hills a week after the flood then I guess there were someo survivors that perhaps had the forsite to dig up hill out of harm's way.

But all I am saying is that there could be some casualties that were a bit dim or that were **** diggers.

Or it might be that there is some sort of mole hill pervert that puts the fresh mole hills there to fool you in a sort of, emptying soil bags down trouser legs sort of way like in the great escape.

You need to think these things through a bit more to ensure you don't miss some possibilities.

Reaction score
Crikey I've been censored by big brother. I only wrote c-r-a-p. It's political correctness gone mad I can tell you.

I remember when you could say things like well **** me with a ****stick you jazzy mungefuddler, but you can't now in case you offend a lesbian.