The Trent's dried up!

B

binka

Or it did for at least forty five minutes yesterday if the gov.uk website is to be believed...

tdu.JPG

I'm seeing erratic patterns quite a bit just lately which has led me to doubt the stated levels but it is after all a gov.uk website and it's not like the government don't tell a few bare faced porkies :wh :wh :wh

john step

Reaction score
I saw that Binka.... I presumed you had tripped and bashed the equipment housing.:wh:eek:mg:

B

binka

I saw that Binka.... I presumed you had tripped and bashed the equipment housing.:wh:eek:mg:

It was the paddler that I knocked out with the catapult, he drifted on unconscious and straight into it :laugh: :peace:

B

binka

Someone found the plug

I think they're run away with it too...

rtm.JPG

I might have a walk along the riverbed later, I bet there's a fair few tonnes of lead knocking around for the picking :wh

B

binka

Still no water, been dry for nearly two days now...

snw.JPG

This could have slight implications for my end of season barbel campaign :laugh:

sam vimes

Reaction score
Have you been within 500 yard of that monitoring station recently? That could go some way towards explaining why it's knackered.;):p

Philip

Reaction score
Easily explained. The bloke responsible for supporting river level website at the Government manually puts an anomaly spike into the data from time to time so people like us phone up his boss and say “THE TRENTS RUNNING DRY”

His boss knowing this cannot be possible then calls him and says - can you check the river level system it seems to be playing up again…

…Course boss says the support guy, and takes his finger off the down arrow returning the data to normal and then sends a group wide Email telling his boss and everyone else how he has heroically “fixed the system” and how they really need to invest in a new one which he can install as this one is on its last legs.

And in case your wondering why the running dry data is becoming more frequent its because no one has phoned up yet to report it so he is putting even less subtle spikes into it in desperation until someone eventually has to notice it & starts shouting :)

B

binka

Oh dear...

bs.JPG

Still, looking at the positives...

What ain't there can't freeze! :eek:mg: