Jrc x lite chair

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I know i seen peoole talking about these in the past but being lightweight and fairly cheap how comfortable are they and strong? Im a fairly big solid chap so dont want to break it ideally .

Did it stand the binka test ?

Fed up carrying my korum accessory chair its too heavy !

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

barbelboi

Reaction score
I don't know about the newer models but I have had one for the best part of 8 years and it's all I use on the rivers (that's if I take a chair at all) and it's still good....

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I don't know about the newer models but I have had one for the best part of 8 years and it's all I use on the rivers (that's if I take a chair at all) and it's still good....
Thanks , ones i looked at are arojnd £50

sagalout

Reaction score
I have one of the old ones, and it has been excellent. It is not the most comfortable chair in the world but it is very easy to carry. It is low so getting in and out can be fun. I have weighed up to 18 stone (now a sylph like 15) whilst I have had this chair without any breakages.

dave m

Reaction score
Matt, are you looking at the high backed recliner.
i use a similar lightweight high backed chair [an old wychwood recliner] and its great. i would only ever want to spend some hours sitting in a chair with a high back as it means you can relax your head and watch the rod tips in some semi comfort.
low chairs are just for roving or short visits imho.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Matt, are you looking at the high backed recliner.
i use a similar lightweight high backed chair [an old wychwood recliner] and its great. i would only ever want to spend some hours sitting in a chair with a high back as it means you can relax your head and watch the rod tips in some semi comfort.
low chairs are just for roving or short visits imho.
Looking for afternoon or day sessions really as i do not take a barrow and carry everything. Tackle bag is a satchel have a twin rod sleeve that carrys net and handle along with sticks and a mat . Just the chair weights me down

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Another chair you may wish to consider, the Korum Superlight chair.
image.jpeg

Similar price to JRC, I have mine a couple of years now, just the job for roving.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Believe korum have stopped making those chairs now

B

binka

Did it stand the binka test ?

Yes it did Matt and I think I'm into my second year with it now, it's seen off a few rivals too including Nash.

I find it perfectly comfortable, I was sceptical about the strength when I first bought it due to the lightness but not only has it stood up to my antics but it's showing no signs of wear or fatigue.

100% recommended :)

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Yes it did Matt and I think I'm into my second year with it now, it's seen off a few rivals too including Nash.

I find it perfectly comfortable, I was sceptical about the strength when I first bought it due to the lightness but not only has it stood up to my antics but it's showing no signs of wear or fatigue.

100% recommended :)
Great news ! Would you recomend it for longer sessions on tip or float on lakes ?

B

binka

Yep no problem at all, I've done all night float sessions on it but be a bit wary that what might suit me may not necessarily suit you, I'm not saying it won't but chairs and comfort are very subjective to the user so try and have a sit in one if you can.

There's enough adjustment in the legs to alter the angle of the fixed back though, just in case you're taking a blind punt on one.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Both local shops dont have one in my area . May have to just try a punt

sagalout

Reaction score
Where abouts are you matt, I ain't using mine at the moment if you are within meeting distance you could borrow it for a couple of months to try. I have had several chairs that seem fine in the shop but are really painful for me on the bank.

Another Dave

Reaction score
I like the look of the JRC Stealth X-Lite Chair (Model: 1294360). They reckon it's only 3kg, and i haven't seen anything else come close to this kind of weight - competitors seem to be around 4.5kg. Angling Direct have them for £50.
jrc-stealth-x-lite-chair-free-clamp-on-side-tray-1294360-bde.jpg

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
As I have recently purchased my second X-Lite (the first lasted donkeys years!) I can say the new one is of similar quality IMO and at 3kg possibly still the lightest of its type. I use mine for still water float/ledger fishing on various types of ground and it performs well with pretty good leg adjustment and sufficiently comfortable for sessions of around 5/7 hours. The feet have been altered slightly but still offer good support over soft ground.
However, I agree entirely with Binka in that you do need to be sure it offers the comfort level you require for your type of fishing. For example, I found that the back support sloped back a little too far for comfort (I suffer lower back/hip problems) so I have introduced a small packer between back frame and base which brings the back into a more vertical position - perfect for me as I now sit more upright, which is how I like to fish, and the back doesn't suffer!
Secondly, I have also introduced a covered foam cushion (5cm thick) which (for me) helps when sitting for long periods and can be carried within the chair frame when folded.
Lastly, I would suggest that if you are on the heavy side it is as well to try to 'lower' yourself into the thing rather than 'drop' into it, and I say this because a friend of some size found that the friction grip feet slid back into the frame if he plonked himself down from some height. He didn't break the chair, though!!

As others haver said; an excellent chair, reasonably priced IMO, and if looked after (eg wash the mud off the legs before retracting them!) will last many years......

Another Dave

Reaction score
Tee-Cee, could you tell me if the legs fold pretty flat or is it one of those chairs where one set of lets sticks out at an angle

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I like the look of the JRC Stealth X-Lite Chair (Model: 1294360). They reckon it's only 3kg, and i haven't seen anything else come close to this kind of weight - competitors seem to be around 4.5kg. Angling Direct have them for £50.
View attachment 3927

I've got one of these and they are incredibly light. Not the most comfortable chair I own as the back is a fixed angle but its by no means uncomfortable and the light weight is a real bonus. I'm afraid I think the more comfortable a chair is the more likely it is to be quite heavy.

I've also got one of the original JRC X-Lo chairs which is also very light. It is perhaps a tad on the low side for big old units but I'm no ballet dancer and I can get in and out of it OK. Only got adjustable front legs so best on sloping banks....my go to river chair.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Where abouts are you matt, I ain't using mine at the moment if you are within meeting distance you could borrow it for a couple of months to try. I have had several chairs that seem fine in the shop but are really painful for me on the bank.
Im swindon in Wiltshire

dave m

Reaction score
Tee-Cee, could you tell me if the legs fold pretty flat or is it one of those chairs where one set of lets sticks out at an angle

i can tell you, as i have the older version of this chair, terry hearn stealth or something like that.
one set of legs fold flat, and the other set then fold flat against them, so one set in below the other but both are 'flat' if you see what i mean.