At last.......

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
.........a proper fish on our licence....

image.jpeg

B

binka

Nothing less than this humble little fella deserves too :w

steve2

Reaction score
Now a very rare fish in the waters I fish. Can't remember the last time I caught one.

Reaction score
Seems to be an endangered species on most rivers sadly...

B

binka

They're thriving on a local stillwater, they were never initially present but established themselves after pike anglers repeatedly brought them in over a number of years, as live baits.

mikench

Reaction score
I caught several on one day and boy did they struggle and swing the tip! A 2lber would be incredible!:rolleyes:

john step

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind betting that someone will say its not a very good likeness of a BARBEL:eek:mg::eek:mg:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The EA put little fishy pictures on the worthless scrap of paper to take the anglers mind of the fact that he's just been stung!
I'd rather them keep their scrap of paper with a poxy picture on it and me keep my money.....

flightliner

Reaction score
I,m really looking forward to the year when they use a liscense with a Bream on it.
Barbelboi will be brought up to the judge in court yelling, screaming , and refusing to pay!:mad::Cry::whoo::ballchain:

john step

Reaction score
The EA put little fishy pictures on the worthless scrap of paper to take the anglers mind of the fact that he's just been stung!
I'd rather them keep their scrap of paper with a poxy picture on it and me keep my money.....

Tigger, don't hang back. Tell us what you really feel about it.:wh

barbelboi

Reaction score
I,m really looking forward to the year when they use a liscense with a Bream on it.
Barbelboi will be brought up to the judge in court yelling, screaming , and refusing to pay!:mad::Cry::whoo::ballchain:

You're 'aving a larf Mick.............it would probably stink and you'd have to wash your hands with antiseptic gel every time you showed it. Thankfully I never see another angler, let alone an EA 'enforcer'..............:)

PS The only fish that can attract Bluebottles this weather.........................

Last edited:

metalmicky1944

Reaction score
Back in the day on the Trent when Gudgen and Bleak were prolific and often the targeted fish of choice by snatchers in the 400+ peg opens there was many a discussion (argument) in the Lord Nelson Pub as the brown envelopes were being handed out and the Shipstones ale was flowing freely :guiness: about the then only about and rare young Barbel that the odd match man hooked, being giant Gudgen and the almost unheard of inter breeding fish that anglers down South were catching the so called Pike / Perch later identified as the Zander.

If I remember correctly the then editor of Angling Times the late Russel Hole dedicated a couple of of weekly center pages to the subject there was so much confusion and debate about the subject

Tight Lines