Licence Renewal

thecrow

Reaction score
Can anyone explain the benefit of buying the licence later.

I have a couple of reasons for not getting mine until I have to.

I wont be fishing for a few weeks so I see no reason to get one until then, I would just be paying for something I wont be using.

I would sooner the money was in my bank rather than the EAs for as long as possible as I hate paying it to them anyway.

sagalout

Reaction score
If I skive off they stick needles in the effigy they made out my nail clippings and back hair (ain't got none on me head but the missus thinks I look like a silver back) and I am back under their control.

kevt

Reaction score
Hi

I've had mine on direct debit for years, does anyone know if this will still work with the new system or do I have to apply on line?

Thanks

KevT

john step

Reaction score
Hi

I've had mine on direct debit for years, does anyone know if this will still work with the new system or do I have to apply on line?

Thanks

KevT

It didn't work for me. They kept going round in circles with the same questions. The system couldn't seem to cope with swapping from a two to three rod licence so I just started again and renewed on line . Must say it was quicker this time round as it arrived today

kevt

Reaction score
Hi John

Thanks, I will just have to wait and see if it arrives then, old one runs out 1st April hopefully new one will arrive before the 6th April as I will be out on the 7th

Fingers crossed

KevT

kevt

Reaction score
Hi John

Thanks, I will just have to wait and see if it arrives then, old one runs out 1st April hopefully new one will arrive before the 6th April as I will be out on the 7th

Fingers crossed

KevT

B

binka

Hi John

Fingers crossed

KevT

I wouldn't worry Kev, even if you don't have a shred of paper with you any EA enforcement officer will be able to ascertain whether or not you have a licence from the information you give them on the bank, they'll use the same process of questions and checking that they use with licence dodgers and it works from the example I witnessed and, if you haven't received it by the time you fish, it's hardly your fault.

kevt

Reaction score
Hi Binka

Yep totally agree, over the years I've been checked loads of times on Windermere / Pennine Fishery / River Ouse at York Centre and a few times on commercials all over the place. I think that unless you fish really obscure places the EA seem to target popular places, The Pennine Fishery was a good one as when me and a friend arrived it was very busy by the time the EA had checked the bottom lake, the top lake was almost empty - had plenty of room all afternoon

KevT

seth49

Reaction score
I still renew mine at the post office, still have to wait for them to post it out, you do get a receipt that you can show, say ing that I haven’t seen a bailiff for years.

nicholaslukey

Reaction score
I met one on the Derwent a few weeks ago, looked like he was in a SWAT team. Stab vest etc, nice chap, he checked my licence on the phone as I had left mine in another tackle bag.

mikench

Reaction score
Mine arrived in this mornings post valid from 1st April 2018! My current one expires on the 31st March! I am away until 8th April but forgot!:)

rich66

Reaction score
Mine showed up today, purchased on the 8th arrived 15th. Don’t think that’s too bad. A nice Gudgeon on the front I can add to my pile of saved licenses.
Yes I’m sad enough to have started saving my old ones !

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Mine too. Not a bad turn around at all.

If I don't start catching soon I shall be forced to reconsider my position and ask for a refund!

Reaction score
Saw my renewal email on the 9th of March,renewed,received rod licence on the 15th,far better than last year,when I ended up officially complaining,in spite of having my receipt email printed,as being without my licence way after its start date is unsatisfactory,especially when they had my cash 3 weeks before that date,the incompetent fool that I talked to on the phone needed shooting and brought a two page blast from me,grrrrrr.

Last edited:
B

binka

Mine arrived this morning... Just three working days after renewing online :)

nottskev

Reaction score
I pay for mine by Standing Order. They sent me a letter a while back. Every year the letter says that if your details remain the same, you don't need to do anything, and the license arrives later.

This year I threw the letter away unread. Has there been some change likely to affect things? Can I expect the license to arrive as usual?

My fault, I suppose, but I chose that method of payment so as to be foolproof and not to have to think about it.