Licence Renewal

B

binka

I've just done mine, I know it now runs for 365 days from the date of purchase but I don't envisage that changing from the traditional 1st of April for me and I've forward dated it to begin on that date.

The gov.uk website stated that it will arrive within ten working days so it will be interesting to see if they avoid last year's debacle.

Anyone else renewed yet?

rich66

Reaction score
Yes did mine a couple of days ago to start on the 1st, I probably won’t go on the 1st but you never know

robtherake

Reaction score
Does one still receive a timely reminder, only I haven't so much as picked up a float for what seems like an awfully long time...

B

binka

I got a postal reminder, not sure why that is as I would prefer an email if only to save a bit of tree.

Especially as I now chainsaw so many down :eek:mg:

mikench

Reaction score
I too have renewed following an email reminder. I did it about a week ago and specified it to to run from 1st April ! I have yet to receive it!

sagalout

Reaction score
I got me reminder from the EA, clicked the link in the email it took to a a web page that I then had to fill in as if they had never heard of me. Tossers. Has nobody told them that computers can use the data they hold on you to populate the the answers to the 1001 questions that they asked last year and are asking again now, no I ain't changed me name, nor me email address you just used to email me. No me date of birth ain't changed neither. Winkers! If me postal address had changed I could edit the pre-populated one. Twits (and I don't mean with an i nor that spelling).

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I renewed on line at the weekend. After last years debacle I was almost impressed when an envelope from the EA turned up today....except it was a reminder my current one was about to expire.

Yes....thanks for that, I know....thats why I renewed.

BTW.... I dont remember it being 30 nicker last year. Has it gone up ?

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
As with others I have renewed following an email reminder. It has 3 weeks to turn up so I'm not sitting on the edge of my seat...

Due to age related forgetfulness I decide to photocopy the reference number and pop in my fishing jacket.

Don't know why I bothered as I haven't had one checked for yonks!

Skippy; Did you pay the 30 quid for the three rod option??

rich66

Reaction score
I renewed on line at the weekend. After last years debacle I was almost impressed when an envelope from the EA turned up today....except it was a reminder my current one was about to expire.

Yes....thanks for that, I know....thats why I renewed.

BTW.... I dont remember it being 30 nicker last year. Has it gone up ?

It was £30 last year, for 2 rods.

john step

Reaction score
Did mine online from 1st April. I printed a copy of the confirmation as proof in case it takes as long as it did last year.

Like Mr. Lout it kept asking the same questions. I think whoever devised the application form was somewhat deficient.

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I got a postal reminder, renewed over the phone speaking to an actual person ! licence starts 1st April, got my new licence number as I was renewing also a txt sent with the number in it , Couldn't fault the service, I renew like this each year,

rayner

Reaction score
Yes I'm sticking with April 1st.
Got a postal reminder Monday, expecting my licence tomorrow.
For the life of me I can't think why the EA changed the start date, doesn't matter if you renew from May it still only lasts a year.
Can anyone explain the benefit of buying the licence later.

sagalout

Reaction score
You might not want to start fishing until May/June/July/etc for some reason, like some wicked witch has enlisted the coven and made you work constantly doing, oh I dunno converting a dining room and a porch into a kitchen diner, just an example that springs to mind for some reason.

rayner

Reaction score
When the coven turns their back, bunk off. :bolt:
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. I still can't get my head round the rod licence starting later.
It's not like those having a licence that starts later get any free days.