Quest for the most expensive worm

nottskev

Reaction score
I was offered a pack of dendra's at £4.45 for 100g, that's £44.50 a kilo, in a local tackle shop (not one I frequent). With a worm farm not far away selling them at £21.00 per kilo, I think someone is taking the you know what.

Have you come across anything quite so larcenous on the worm front?

B

binka

I'm positively blessed.

My local will do me a kilo of dendras for something like £14 - £15 but the worst I ever saw was when Climax was still Climax and they wanted around £28!

Never had it so good though, I can now stop off at work, early en route to the river, grab the course utility vehicle and literally pick up as many huge lobs as I wish off the greens without having to put a spade in the ground and they're fresh as daisies.

I really ought to get organised with keeping 'em at home as they disappear whenever there's a frost.

Aussie Bob

Reaction score
about $11 for about a dozen worms in a tub ...so about 7 quid! I have seen them locally on facebook $30 about 19 quid for 100 ...i dont have a garden of any sorts so no luck there . i think i will have a look again at a worm farm at home when the weather cools....the actual worm farm is about 3km down the road which makes the prices even worse....

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I am like binka, do it on the cheap, plenty of grass verges around the corner from me, start at one and work
my way along them then work my way back to the first one, plenty of lobworms to fill a 3 pint bait tub,
you get some funny looks and people asking if you have dropped something,
A few friends decided to get some off a traffic island one night, someone phoned the police because of "suspicious activity "on the island, police came and gave them a talking to for distracting the traffic.

B

binka

You don't get many of these to the pound...

image.jpg

B

binka

From the 18th Steve?:)

Back garden at home mate, it was such a spectacular specimen that I couldn't bring myself to do anything with him other than to let him slither back to his lair.

mikench

Reaction score
Well done! He was a magnificent specimen Steve and worthy of a 5lb perch at least!:)

Philip

Reaction score
about $11 for about a dozen worms in a tub ...so about 7 quid! I have seen them locally on facebook $30 about 19 quid for 100 ...i dont have a garden of any sorts so no luck there . i think i will have a look again at a worm farm at home when the weather cools....the actual worm farm is about 3km down the road which makes the prices even worse....

I read that some worms in Australia go to over 11 foot long, you should just get one of those, it will last you all season ! ... plus it will double up as a draft excluder for your door when your not fishing. :D

dicky123

Reaction score
Brought 100 for £20 from Willy Worm, really very good worms. I think for ease, worth paying for. JMO.