Ideas for Line Marker?

rayner

Reaction score
If it works for you Rayner then great but it sounds like an utter nightmare to me if your trying to get to say within inches of a island margin. Your going to be casting multiple times over and over to try and get it spot on.

There is one option no one has suggested yet ....just be a REALLY good caster :p:)

There are lots of options, all work for those that use them.
Had I been capable of tying knots on the bank my first choice for fishing open water would be a slider knot. Trouble is I'm not.
I'm against marking any reel lines I have, I suppose the products available would be OK.
I just can't buy a product just because it's there, if I couldn't do without of course I would buy it.
I'm not accurate enough to manage without using a clip, hence counting. Usually a couple of casts and I'm clipped up again.
Far from being a nightmare, on the contrary it's simple. supposing folk can count :wh

Philip

Reaction score
There are lots of options, all work for those that use them.
Had I been capable of tying knots on the bank my first choice for fishing open water would be a slider knot. Trouble is I'm not.
I'm against marking any reel lines I have, I suppose the products available would be OK.
I just can't buy a product just because it's there, if I couldn't do without of course I would buy it.
I'm not accurate enough to manage without using a clip, hence counting. Usually a couple of casts and I'm clipped up again.
Far from being a nightmare, on the contrary it's simple. supposing folk can count :wh

Fair enough Rayner.

I was never much good at Maths so I'll stick to marking and clipping up. :)

peterjg

Reaction score
I bought some white quick dry nail varnish which was supposed to dry in 60 seconds - forget that idea - absolute rubbish, took ages to dry and did not work! I have tried various materials for stop knots and different knots but none were any good!

In fact I am back to where I started. The best marker for a quivertip rod is correction fluid where it can pass through the very small eyes on a quivertip. Correction fluids can be either spirit or waterbased, I have found that Staples own brand works well, dries fast and is cheap. It is best to apply the marker with 3 or 4 small dabs close together instead of one longer mark it stays on better that way. It is also very easy to remove. There is no loss of line strength.

I very rarely carp fish these days but I will continue with white electrical tape as a line marker which is fine for big rod rings used on carp rods.

Last edited: