rig and hook length line.

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i have just found out that garbolino have stopped making garbo line.
I have used this line for about 4yrs now for main rig pole line,hooklengths for the pole and waggler and feeder.
I have had no problems with it at all.
So now i am looking for an alternative and any suggestions would be most welcome.
I am after a line in diameters ranging from .10 to .20dia
Thank you

Last edited:

nottskev

Reaction score
It's always a pain when a favourite line disappears. For the uses you mention I use two, and I've been happily using them for years: Silstar Match Team and Genesis Smart. The Genesis seems a little more supple, but both knot well and both have proved reliable and robust.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I use Trabucco Match carp line, but I may have to change soon, it is getting difficult to source
0.10 is 5lb rated and 0.14 is rated to 9lb, I have had no problems with it,
I may try Tubertina gorilla line or Drennan Double Strength next. Prestons Reflo Precision Power is
supposed to be pretty good as well, 0.10 rated at 2.4lb and 0.20 rated at 6.8lb

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
markcw....Not to question your figures but that is an amazing difference in the line dia/line rating ratio between the Trabucco and Preston. (0,2 Preston for 6,8 against 0,14 for 9lb Trabucco)

I know some on here really rate Preston..

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
It was recommended to myself and a friend by someone we know who is an England International,
It is expensive at £8 for 50 metres, and it is now getting hard to source, the shop we used no longer stocks it, but stocks Tubertini which again is a strong line but low diameter, I think Berkley have a line where 0.10 is something like 8lb rated,

Richox12

Reaction score
I think you'll find our current EU partners are fibbing.........a lot

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
I took a calibrated and verified digital Vernier to the Trabbuco line, and it was spot on. had good weights of fish
on it as well, I cant comment on the Berkley line but from reports that is as good, The same for the Tubertini.

Richard Hall

Reaction score
I've been using Guru Nguage as my rig line, 0.15mm diameter is about 5lb bs. So far very good.

Richox12

Reaction score
I took a calibrated and verified digital Vernier to the Trabbuco line, and it was spot on. had good weights of fish

Which means if the diameters are correct the B/S quoted will be way over what it actually is. Test it. I have. Bull$hit on a spool

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
I am down to my last half spools, I am not going to waste some to see what it will break at, I have confidence in it and to me that is what counts, I have not had any break on me whilst fishing and had carp to low doubles on it on the pole

jon atkinson

Reaction score
I've used Guru N-Gauge previously which was pretty good & am using their Pure Fluorocarbon for feeder hook lengths. For waggler hook lengths I have Preston Reflo but recently I've tended to favour Fortex although looking at the site I get it on the other day it looks as if they have gone down the own-label / rebranding route - hopefully it's the same line.