Daiwa

Saluki

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I’m in the process of buying a new feeder rod and reel. I fish mainly for bream and tench both river and lake.

I’ve looked at the ninja range rod (12ft) and reel (model4000a) Anyone using these, are they decent? What else would you recommend for my method of fishing?

Thank you

rich66

Reaction score
I’ve a Daiwa Ninja 3012a reel, I’m over the moon with it. Lovely smooth action, the anti reverse is instant.

ian g

Reaction score
The reels have a good reputation . I have a 1000 size which I use for light lure fishing but know a few anglers with the larger size ones who are pleased with them. I don't know anything about the rods but I would say a Drennan series 7 avon rod would suit the type of fishing you mention.

Regards Ian

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Saluki, you will more than likely get numerous answers on both rods and reels,
Looking at the ones you have mentioned, you are thinking around £100 for both ?
There is the Shimano Forcemaster paired up with the 4000dl baitrunner that would be round about that.
what I would do is if you have decided on the reel to use, take it with you when you go to look for a rod
and ask if you can try it on the rod to see what it feels like balance and weight wise,
I have the Harrier feeder rod which the Ninja replaced and I am pleased with it, that is paired up with the
shimano reel, I have other feeder rods, but at the moment the Harrier is my Go To rod,
make sure you get a few spare tips with your rod and a spool with the reel

Saluki

Reaction score
Good news on the reels then. I’ve just looked at the Drennan Series 7 and it looks decent too. Thanks for that Ian.

Saluki

Reaction score
Markcw, I was budgeting around £60 each. I did look at the Harrier, they appear to be very popular as most places have sold out. That’s 3 on my list now. Decisions decisions!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Saluki, try Chapmans angling, they still have some in, also the daiwa yank n bank white handle ones t a discounted
price, also fishingspares.com its billy clarkes fishing tackle give them a ring as well.

yorkieman

Reaction score
I too was wanting a new feeder rod last month as I'm going to try river fishing and finally settled on the Drennan Series 7 Avon/Quiver 12ft 1.75BS.

These rods get excellent reviews, and that's what tempted me to buy but as yet its still in the bag waiting for a trial !

ian g

Reaction score
Yorkieman

I don't think you will be disappointed , I have the 1.25 version which I have been using for chub and perch fishing for the last 10 years at least . It's a great rod for the money

Saluki

Reaction score
So I’m down to:

Daiwa: Ninja
Power mesh
Harrier
Black Widow

Drennan: Series 7

That’s it for now :confused:

nottskev

Reaction score
Read the review in this weeks angling times on the new Drennan twin tip rods before
you make your mind up, and I would discount the Black Widow in favour of the Yank N bank

I may be missing out here, but I could no more buy a rod labelled Yank N Bank than I could one named Chuk N Chance. :)

Saluki

Reaction score
I think I’m going to settle with the Drennan Red Range Carp Feeder (11ft) it’s had great reviews, seen some nice videos of it doing very well with fish into double figures and sensitive enough for the silvers which is a bonus.

B

binka

I may be missing out here, but I could no more buy a rod labelled Yank N Bank than I could one named Chuk N Chance. :)

Just wait until the next one comes out, it's specifically aimed at those who become sexually aroused when playing a fish...

The Crank'n'W@nk :eek:mg: