Bury Hill Fisheries.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I am planning a trip to Bury Hill Fishery tomorrow (Wednesday) I intend to fish Milton for crucians and roach. I wondered if anyone had fished it recently? If so, how is it fishing and have there been any changes? I haven't fished there since about this time last year.

Ray.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

chrissh

Reaction score
I came down 2 weeks ago and fished berry hill for 3 days had some nice crucians out fished a waggler and casters.

The first day the wind was blowing and the fishing was slow only bream on the feeder. The next 2 day was a complete difference with tench, crucians, bream, and no roach we fished the old lake to the left of the tackle shop.

Can’t say that I noticed any changes but has been 2 years since I last fish berry hill

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Ray

Might see you there tomorrow. Fished its head off 2/3 weeks ago but since it went hot and bright its been very much harder. Milton doesnt fish well when its like that.

The roach can be hard to target specifically but there are some lumps in there. Tench were a flippin nuisance last time we went...crucian could hardly get a look in.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Ray

Might see you there tomorrow. Fished its head off 2/3 weeks ago but since it went hot and bright its been very much harder. Milton doesnt fish well when its like that.

The roach can be hard to target specifically but there are some lumps in there. Tench were a flippin nuisance last time we went...crucian could hardly get a look in.
It would be nice to catch up again Skip. I have had a few decent roach from there but fished specifically for them with hemp and tares. I will try to pick some up this afternoon.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fished well last time I went............June 1976 :eek:mg:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
It would be nice to catch up again Skip. I have had a few decent roach from there but fished specifically for them with hemp and tares. I will try to pick some up this afternoon.

Oooh.....never thought of trying that there,too obsessed with the crucian. Big Phil is definately going....I probably will but I'm off on holiday on Friday so I'll only go if I can get packed and all me other bits done today. 4mm expander used to be THE bait on Milton but they've gone right off those. Red maggot rules atm...or did. Corn,meat or prawn will sort the tench out. Paste can work too but not when I use it !

Parking same as usual but tickets from a cabin as you drive in now as they're knocking down the Boathouse to build [I think] a shower block. Somewhere to wash the bream slime off if you fish the Old Lake I guess .

tomino2112

Reaction score
Been there last Saturday for a day on Milton. It was scorching hot and because of where the sun rises and sets you are baking from one side the whole day. Before sun hit the water I had 5 fish - 3 tench, perch and a crucian. Once the sun hit the water (say after 11am) lake was completely dead.

Guy 2 pegs from me had 27 fish between 8am and 11am so obviously I was doing something wrong but he packed up around 1pm because noone was getting even a bite. I had to pack up around 4pm because heat was unbearable - take umbrella or some kind of shelter.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Been there last Saturday for a day on Milton. It was scorching hot and because of where the sun rises and sets you are baking from one side the whole day. Before sun hit the water I had 5 fish - 3 tench, perch and a crucian. Once the sun hit the water (say after 11am) lake was completely dead.

Guy 2 pegs from me had 27 fish between 8am and 11am so obviously I was doing something wrong but he packed up around 1pm because noone was getting even a bite. I had to pack up around 4pm because heat was unbearable - take umbrella or some kind of shelter.

Sport can be a bit patchy. I had the opposite experience the last time I fished it. Sport I initially was slow but picked up for me as the day wore on. Skippy and Phill fished the opposite side and they had lulls in the action, they would catch a few and then nothing for a while and so on. My sport that day improved so much towards the end that I nearly got locked in by the bailiff, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

markluker

Reaction score
I always fish Milton or Bonds and I have always caught something there.

I haven't been to BH in a few months but last time I went there was a load of young lads turned up about 10AM who were on the beer all day and loud. Baliff did the rounds and they disappeared just before but came back an hour later. Really put a downer on the day.

I use a method feeder over a bed of small halibut pellets. last time I had some cracking small carp out.

sampras43

Reaction score
I am planning a trip to Bury Hill Fishery tomorrow (Wednesday) I intend to fish Milton for crucians and roach. I wondered if anyone had fished it recently? If so, how is it fishing and have there been any changes? I haven't fished there since about this time last year.

Ray.

Not recently, a handful of times last year and always fished Milton for the Crucians and tench using a float, small pellets as loose feed and maggot/caster. Never failed to catch and it's a gorgeous lake. Bit too far for me to fish it regularly but it's gone annual membership anyway. For me it's not worth it due to the location but if I was closer I'd probably join.

iain t

Reaction score
Problem with Bury Hill now is you have to be a member. Cheap at £20 per year plus day tickets. For me, i only go there once or twice a year so not worth it now.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Problem with Bury Hill now is you have to be a member. Cheap at £20 per year plus day tickets. For me, i only go there once or twice a year so not worth it now.

ATM you can still get a day ticket without being a member but that is going to be phased out eventually making it members only. When is unclear....I suspect next season but I dont know. Not really sure what this membership lark is all about but being a member gets you a couple of quid off a day ticket so if you fish it fairly regularly like I do you can soon recover the cost of being a member. I fish it for the crucians in spring/early summer then again for the zander in the winter so I should recoup the cost of my membership. If you dont fish it regularly then I can see how the additional membership fee is offputting. I dont really know what this membership lark is all about.....I'm sure its put a lot of people off as the place was relatively deserted on my last two trips. Most unusual for the time of year.

Its a nice place to fish albeit a bit pricey. I wouldn't put up with the bloody M25 otherwise but there's nowhere else I know where I can confidently set out to catch zander and crucian with a fairly good chance of success. Some clonking roach in Milton too plus loads of tench but forget it if its hot and bright unless you are prepared to go early and pack up early as it switches right off once the sun gets on the water.