Fishing around Morecambe

wetthrough

Reaction score
Hi. It was only in the final months of my wife's life that I discovered that her Dad was a mad keen angler back in the mists of time. For Christmas I got him his EA license and promised to take him fishing, I have enough gear for two. He's 92 but quite active and still got all his marbles in a row. I'm looking for a venue that's going to be relatively quiet during the week (looking around 19th June), good access without having to walk too far from wherever we can park. I'd also prefer a mixed fishery with no monsters in it. Doesn't have to be out and out commercial so long as day tickets are available.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Gordon

B

binka

I'm sorry I can't help with a venue Gordon but I really admire your integrity.

There are a few NW fisherman on here and I hope some of them can come up with something useful for you.

mikench

Reaction score
Gordon there are a few commercials around Carnforth which isn't far from Morecambe! If I can recall the name I will post it! The Lancaster canal isn't far either! See you Wednesday!!

Here you go Clear Water Fisheries | Clear Water Fisheries

You can treat him to a nice meal and a glass of wine at the same time!

Last edited:

wetthrough

Reaction score
Yes, I've seen some of them but it doesn't really tell you what they're like. I was hoping someone would have first hand experience and knowing the circumstances would know the most suitable.

Yes, I'm looking forward to Wednesday. It'll be a relatively new experience for me. Especially if I catch something:D

mikench

Reaction score
Judging from the website it looks rather nice and you can book a peg and a meal! You cannot say that about many waters! I am sure a phone call will confirm what the place is like!

wetthrough

Reaction score
Whatever I settle on I'll go down the day before just to make sure. I had looked at that one and just from the site info it looked like a mainly big fish venue which made me a little wary. The thought of him launching into a 20lb Carp on his first foray back in to fishing makes me a bit nervous.

mikench

Reaction score
I'm sure that if they cannot give you silver fish they will know a place that can!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
The park lake has some big bream in it, you may have to phone the council to find out, A friend of mine is coming to Lloyds meadow on Wednesday, he goes upto blackpool, ask him if he knows anywhere around morecambe

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Gordon, I have sent a text to a friend of mine who lives up that way, So hopefully I will get a reply soon.
there is a Retirement Park near Morecambe with a large fishing lake in its grounds, I was tempted to go and see what its like.