What are your plans on the 16th of june?

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
I have a day solid with kids football on the 16th. Which I'm looking forwards to very much and wouldn't swap for fishing!

However, the 17th is a different matter... down to the river wye, hopefully to tangle with the chub and barbel.

tight lines to one and all for the new season!

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Haha! Are you allowed to fish the river running though/around it?

The Thames is close by, Cigarette Island is popular although not an island as such, supposed to be carp and barbel, the River Mole flows out at Cigarette Island but I don't think there are any free stretches on it. There was a tackle shop in Molesley who would know more about that but I am not sure if its still open. I have been meaning to hire a punt and fish downstream from the weir which is just up from the bridge for a long time but never get round to it.
All the Thames is free as far as I know but given the choice I would fish Hampton Court.

Last edited:

Bobnewboy

Reaction score
Crikey Bob, had no idea you were so posh.

Heh heh. Not me mate, but I do want to get my money’s worth before we move away, and it’s very handy to get to from our current place. It’s a bit of a walk from the nearest parking in Bushy Park, but I need the exercise!

Bobnewboy

Reaction score
The Thames is close by, Cigarette Island is popular although not an island as such, supposed to be carp and barbel, the River Mole flows out at Cigarette Island but I don't think there are any free stretches on it. There was a tackle shop in Molesley who would know more about that but I am not sure if its still open. I have been meaning to hire a punt and fish downstream from the weir which is just up from the bridge for a long time but never get round to it.
All the Thames is free as far as I know but given the choice I would fish Hampton Court.

I’ve only been fishing since last August, and there is quite a bit of free fishing around here, so I haven’t managed to fish from Cigarette Island yet. Supposed to be good though. I have fished Cow Common and the stream there, including the Ember navigation and they are quite fun too. All of the lakes in Bushy and Home Parks are fed directly from the Thames which flows around the Palace and the parks. The permit is £30 a year for the four lakes and there is free parking in Bushy Park. The allowed fishing times are ok but no night fishing allowed.

Cheers, Bob

sam vimes

Reaction score
I have no particular plans for the 16th. As it's a weekend, I'll probably steer well clear of any flowing water. As the 16th is usually a damp squib anyway, I doubt I'll be missing out on much.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
As I mentioned earlier I will be back in France for opening day on the rivers checking on the progress of the renovations on a property there.

The way it is going currently means I'll be spending opening day firing the plumber and roofing sub contractors . . . . .

I'd far rather be trotting a stick float down the local stretches of the Avon although history tells me it wouldn't be too successful.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I’ve only been fishing since last August, and there is quite a bit of free fishing around here, so I haven’t managed to fish from Cigarette Island yet. Supposed to be good though. I have fished Cow Common and the stream there, including the Ember navigation and they are quite fun too. All of the lakes in Bushy and Home Parks are fed directly from the Thames which flows around the Palace and the parks. The permit is £30 a year for the four lakes and there is free parking in Bushy Park. The allowed fishing times are ok but no night fishing allowed.

Cheers, Bob

If you wanted to make a big session out of it maybe you could fish all day in Hampton Court and then a bit of night barbel/carp fishing on Cigarette island, its not far away but I don't know if that would mess up your parking. Anyway, just a thought.

eric

Reaction score
Hopefully on the Warwickshire Avon can't wait

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk