Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    O.C.F.Disorder Guest

Default What are your plans on the 16th of june?

Anyone care to share their plans for the beginning of the open season?

I am currently bed bound for a few months due to slicing a tendon in my leg but I was planning to go down to a little place called Stroud and take advantage of its GREAT (FREE) wild trout fishing! If you haven't tasted fresh trout wrapped in wild garlic YOU HAVE NOT LIVED!!

binka Guest

Default Re: What are your plans on the 16th of june?

I'll be on the river somewhere, probably in the afternoon until dusk.

I won't be too fussed with the barbel to begin with as they're usually slow starters in my neck of the woods and to take account of this I've booked a fortnight holiday a little later in mid July although I would be surprised if I don't encounter one or two on opening day.

Either way I shall be trotting maggots for whatever turns up and that alone will be good enough for me

If the O.P. really has got free, wild trout fishing on his doorstep, would it not be wise to keep shtum and put them back?
    Otherwise next season he'll be shoulder-to-shoulder with hoi polloi, with only fingerlings to fish for.

My club rivers will be packed, so if I go (I usually give weekends a miss anyway) it'll probably be to a free stretch - Tidal Thames, or maybe at Walton, or the Gade near Watford.

Trotting maggots for me too. I always seem to start with that one. An anything with fins day! I will have the bonus of a few casters later in the week from my waistcoat due to my unerring ability to misfire with the maggapult and end up covered in them
    By the time a man realizes his Father was right, he has a son who thinks he's wrong.

Blog Entries

Two scenarios for me, either a day on a stillwater hoping for a few fish on feeder gear or . If the tides are very low on the Trent, a session on a very shallow stretch stood in my chesties midriver running a stick float downstream hoping for a good net of dace.

Stalking chub on the Great Stour hopefully.
    Last edited by s63; 25-05-2018 at 16:27.

I will be making use of a one way ticket back to UK on the 16th, to start my retirement…………..whoopee!

Despite it being my first chance to get on the river i am actually planning to fish a commie for the first time on the 16th. Meeting my mate tomorrow at the pub to discuss the details.

I might get on the river for the 17th, depends on the Boss.

See that the 16th is a Saturday and I never fish weekends so I will be out shopping or gardening. Looking at my diary I can’t see me fishing a river till August but because my local streams are very low and over grown the at the moment possibly winter.

10. Default Re: What are your plans on the 16th of june?

Planning for either a day on the Kennett at Sulhamstead or the Thames at Staines.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast