Record Match Weight

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Hi all can anyone tell me what the current record match weight is? Im guessing will be around the 500lb mark but not sure...

Any info would be great such as water lenght of match and species...

Cheers All

And have a great Xmas.....25 degrees here today and the fish are going nuts..summer here we come/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Red Army

Reaction score
The "unofficial world" record is 661lb of carp in 6 hours by Gary Huth, can't remember the venue though and yes "official" records are above 500lb.

Red Army

Reaction score
Ok got a bit more on the 661lb of carp, the lot included carp to 20lb and were caught at Rockells Farm, Saffron Walden, in August 2007 using 3m Middy Shock Stick and No 24 elastic that he broke twice in the process. Had it not broken GaryHuth claims he would have gone past the 700lb mark.

Felix.

Reaction score
Thats not fishing, to me that just sounds wrong.

Why use such a heavy elastic to basically yank carp after carp out of the water?? This is prooved when he BREAKS such a heavy elastic, with little regard for the fishes well-being. Also, if he caught so much, i would like to see how much everyone else caught in the match (probably stupidly high weights as well), and how much high protien bait went in to an over crowded lake. This is a prime example of an act that anti-fishing people will use i their arsenal against us,that to me sounds a barbaric example of fishing.